lost chapter markers

Posted by Bill Black 
lost chapter markers
September 30, 2003 02:33PM
When placing files created in Compressor directly from the TImeline in FCP 4
into DVDSP 2 the chapter markers ever show. Nothing online or in the manual.

Anyone had this what am I missing?
Re: lost chapter markers
September 30, 2003 02:40PM
Bill,

Not sure what you're missing, but try the presets window > highlight the preset you want > click on the encoder tab > and highlight the extras button on the bar. Check either of those boxes depending on what you want included with your .m2v file for DVDSP to use. If all you're using is Chapter Markers, then check the include chapter markers box.

Steve
September 30, 2003 04:37PM
I am by passing Quicktime and going to FIle>Export>Using Compressor.

That takes me into the batch convert area of Compressor and I don't have those Quicktime options like the include chapter markers or all markers etc.

I just now exported two passes of the film selecting Quicktime DVNTSC one tab set to "chapter markers" and a second pass set to "all markers".

I import the assett in to DVDSP 2 and for example drag it to the track and select add embedded markers, no markers show up. I can drag the same file to the menu and drop it on create button and chapter index and only one chapter ( the entire movie) is created. Somehow I either do not get chpaters exported or I am completely misunderstanding how to make them appear in DVSP2

I also trid the same movies in idvd and no chapter markers where created.

I think the problem is in FCP 4
September 30, 2003 07:49PM
Bill,

You lost me. In FCP, File>Export>Using Compressor. When compressor opens, there should be four windows. One of them is presets. Pick which of the presets you think fits your project. Then follow my directions above.

Try it. Then, let me know if it worked. I had a similar dilemma until I tried this.

You lost me at "I just now exported two passes of the film selecting Quicktime DVNTSC one tab set to "chapter markers" and a second pass set to "all markers"." Where do you select Quicktime DVNTSC? As far as I know, Compressor does not output DV.

Compressor gives you many more options than Quicktime does. Just because they are presets, does not mean that you can't change them. You also have the option once you do change them to re-name them to fit whatever your situation is.
October 01, 2003 07:16PM
I checked the boc use chapter markers only under extras and it still did not work. I exported the movie in Quick Time and it did not work. I put the movies in i DVD and no chapters either. I am guessing that FCP 4.02 has a bug.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics