subtitles

Posted by Joel 
subtitles
October 01, 2003 04:02PM
I've added subtitles to a project - and in the simulator everything looks fine.
Now for this project I have no menu's as it is for a back drop for a performance piece. So I'd like the subtitles to just play or to be able to be turned on and off with the remote.
Everything works just how I'd like it in the Simulator and even on the Computer's DVD player (even from the burnt DVD) but as soon as I take in to a regular player - no subtitles.
Can anyone help me with this? Even a run down of DVDSP2 menu settings would be helpful.
Thank-you.
Re: subtitles
October 01, 2003 07:03PM
When you add a subtitle to your track, be sure to set a language for it. These languages should be set to what subtitle languages are supported by your DVD player. When you play these DVDs on your set-top DVD play, select Subtitles and choose a language and that will work just fine.

You can also force the view of subtitles.

To do this, I would create multiple buttons. Name each button the language of the subtitle and keep the first one without a subtitle. On each button's advanced tab in the buttons inspector, you will see that you can set angle, audio stream and subtitle track. On the right side of subtitle is a check box labeled, view. When you select that, you are forcing the subtitle track selected to the on position. Using this technique, you can easily create a menu of choices to play with subtitles on your own menu and force the outcome on the DVD player set top box.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics