DVD Studio pro 2.02 Update???

Posted by John Foley 
DVD Studio pro 2.02 Update???
October 08, 2003 11:23AM
Has anyone here gotten the DVD Studio Pro 2.02 to work from the Software Updates utility?

When I run the Update Utility in 10.2.8, there is no mention of an updater for DVDSP 2, so I went to the Apple support site and downloaded the update (40Megs!) but when I try to install it, it can't find the copy of DVDSP 2 located on my hard drive in the Applications folder??

it just says that the application should be called DVD Studio Pro and it must be located in the Applications folder of the boot drive.
The upgrade got installed as DVD Studio Pro 2.0 and I still have DVD Studio Pro (1.52) loaded in the same Applications folder.
I did the upgrade while on 10.2.7, then went 2.8.

Hope someone can help...
Re: DVD Studio pro 2.02 Update???
October 09, 2003 04:00PM
I got lucky and the DVDSP 2.0.2 update came on the same update that my OSX update came on. No problems so far (knock on my head - wood).
I did the DVDSP 2.0.2 upgrade with update no problem.

What is this 10.2.7 everybody is talking about??
I've never seen it. I've seen 10.2.6 and then Apple jumped to 10.2.8

Is there really a 10.2.7??? I must be living on a desert Island or some thing if there is
10.2.7 is a specific G5 version. You have not missed anything.
As an update to anyone who might encounter this. I called Apple this morning and got connected to the Pro Software support team!
I explained that I was trying to upgrade my copy of DVDSP 2.0 to 2.02 and that it was not available from the Software Updates control panel.

After the young lady who answered my call, she hurridly didn't listen completely to my problem, so it took a while to get her attention as to the real problem.

The real problem seems to heave been that when I installed the DVDSP 2.0 upgrade to DVDSP 1.52, it titled the application DVD Studio Pro 2.0 since DVD Studio Pro was what 1.5 was called in the same folder. While the tech support person told me that shouldn't have happened, the installer was telling me the truth about wanting to find DVD Studio Pro in the Applications folder (which it did of course as DVDSP 1.5 was called that) but refused to update it!

The tech support person suggested I remove DVDSP 2.0 from the system, go into the System-Libraries-Receipt folder and trash the references to DVDStudio Pro 2.0 Update and THEN reinstall DVDSP 2.0; after moving the older version of DVDSP into a folder to hide it.

I did reinstall DVDSP 2.0 from the DVD and it was recognized with the correct serial number. After that I opened up the Software Updates control panel and there was DVD Studio Pro 2.02 update waiting for me.

My point here being that one would have thought the DVDSP 2.0 UPGRADE might have wanted to know an older version was present, but apparently this is not the case.

Perhaps it is like the FCP 4 Upgrade that installs with only a previous serial number!??
October 14, 2003 02:17AM
I had a same issue. I found that I had to drag DVD Studio out of its folder onto the Applications folder. It worked! Try that & then move it back into its folder after updating!

Mark
October 14, 2003 02:24AM
All I can say is that Apple's updaters just seem to get dummer & dummer!!! One dimensional!

I've had problems with their updaters (for a number of apps) when I've had the app on another partition / in other folders.

Mark
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics