ultra-custom buttons

Posted by kenneth thomas 
ultra-custom buttons
October 10, 2003 03:23AM
MAC OS 10.2.8, DVDSP 2.0.2, G4 933 MHZ

Here's the scoop - I'm creating a DVD, where the First play is a track (or menu) of video that has some flashy effects - as the video plays, I would like the menu selections to fade up.

In other words, about 20 seconds into the intro video, I have some text that fades up that says "play movie," "chapter selection," and "special features." As that happens, I would like to have either the text highlighted (like buttons), or I would like to have a little dot appear next to "play movie" that will then be the menu selector.

With DVD's I rent, they usually start off with a splashy intro, and then there's that 1 to 2 second pause, as the the video ends, and the DVD quickly finds the menu screen. I basically want to go from that flashy intro to the menu screen, using the same file, with no pause in between. Is there a way I can make my buttons appear 20 seconds into the intro screen - or do I have to make a separate intro screen and a separate menu, thereby bringing in that ugly pause between the two menus/tracks that most DVD's have?

-ken
Re: ultra-custom buttons
October 10, 2003 03:26AM
Again, in other words, I don't want my buttons to appear at the beginning of the motion menu - I want the motion menu to play for 20 seconds or so, and THEN have the buttons either cut in, or fade in. Is that possible without going from one track to another, or is DVD technology not there yet/

-ken
October 10, 2003 10:56AM
If you did the DVDSP 2.0 Advanced Tutorial, the tutorial showed you exactly how to have a pre-motion menu.
October 10, 2003 12:50PM
thanks john - i did the tutorial, and i re-did the lessons for this project - but there's one difference:

i need more than one button.

basically, i want the buttons to appear about 20 seconds into the video, and i need to be able to select between 3 options, IE, 3 buttons. with the subtitle stram method of making buttons, you can only have one button visible at a time - which means that I can create 3 subtitles, for 3 buttons, but only one of them will be usable.

-ken
October 10, 2003 02:01PM
ken,

Sorry, I thought you only wanted a pre-introduction motion graphic to run for 20 secs before the main menu appears.

HMMM? Only one one button(subtitle) can be visible at any time.

Perhaps you will need to rethink your navigation requirements!
That ugly pause you are asking to kill off is partly due to the requeing of the play head on the DVD. In the timeline of DVDSP 2, I believe you can make the transition seamless with a little work. If the video is playing off of one track sequentially, there shouldn't be a noticable pause.

In the main motion menu for the Santa Cruz bicycle Co tutorial, there is a motion graphic free running with buttons on top and highlightable. Won't that do what you need to do?

john
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics