Bitrate too high again

Posted by Hans de Bijl 
Bitrate too high again
October 10, 2003 08:35AM
Hi listas,

Sorry for the delay of your software. I was a week busy with other things. Be patient please. It's coming..

a question:

I have a DVDSP error:

I made a movie in FCP4 1 hour en 45 minutes and exported it to MPEG2 with compressor (also with Quicktime MPEG2)
The audio converted to ac3

Imported the files in DVDSP2 and made some menus and more.
Tested with the simulator and everything works great.

But when I hit "Build" I got an error on the end of the progress "Bitrate too High" and the VIDEO_TS is corrupted and can't be played with Apple DVDplayer.

I did several tests. At this moment the bitrate is 3.5 and the vbr1 = 8.
The estimated dvd-size is 3.6Gb

But still there is the message again

What to do please??

Hans de Bijl
Re: Bitrate too high again
October 10, 2003 07:29PM
You say that all the files in total are 3.6 Gigs in size - including menus, etc?

If you have not exceeded the 4.37 Total file size for a DVD-5, there should not be an issue with "building". There is a little indicator on the menu bar in DVDSP 2 that shows the relative size of the project in reference to a full load. I wonder what that indicator is saying.

Don't really know what else to say- except maybe try it in DVDSP 1.5; if you have it.
October 11, 2003 11:59PM
Try re-encoding your audio file. I get that same message when my audio file gets corrupted during encode with A-pack. I figured it out by doing the build without the audio file. Try doing a build with out the audio file. If it builds, there's your answer. If it doesn't, then I'm sure one of the gurus will come up with another alternative.
October 12, 2003 06:12PM
Hi
I had the same message on a piece of footage with a 'white noise flash effect' in it. I think it fooled the software into thinking the world had suddenly gone into hyperdrive. Anyway I had to take the effect out re-encode it and it was fine
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics