Help! Buttons work in simulator but not on computer DVD player apps

Posted by Dave 
Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help today (Thursday 10/16/03)... I've got to get 6,000 DVD's replicated from a master, and I'm shipping my master this afternoon!

In the simulator and on commercial DVD players my buttons all work fine -- when I roll over them, they become selected, and, when I click, they become activated. (I'm running DVD Studio Pro 2.)

On my computer (the PowerBook G4 I created the DVD on!), when I roll over the buttons, nothing happens. I actually have to *click* on the button once to make it selected. And then I have to *click* on the button again to activate it.

I am using Photoshop layers for my buttons.

I have used DVD's on my computer which have buttons containing images, and they work properly: mousing over the button selects it, and clicking once activates it.

Please help!!!!

Thanks!

-- Dave
The software version of the DVD player may simply work a little differently.

Try a test DVD on your set top DVD player.

If the DVD is too large, create a fast, second DVD where you use your menus in question and just add any ol track you have around. Add that track to the track asset. You are simply going to cut a super small DVD for the sole purpose of testing your menus. Each item can point to the same track if you like, it really doesn't matter.

Understand?

-Alex

I sent you my home phone number. Call me if you need further help.
Thats the way it should work! Actually you are supposed to use the remote simulator that appears when DVDPlayer opens. As a side note, you can click on the desktop (twice, I might add) to get action from a button.

When you said:

In the simulator and on commercial DVD players my buttons all work fine -- when I roll over them, they become selected, and, when I click, they become activated. (I'm running DVD Studio Pro 2.)

I just wanted to make sure the comment "when I roll over them" is not quite accurate as you can't just roll over buttons using the remote on a set top DVD player.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics