Importing Psd File Into DVD Studio Pro

Posted by Tracy 
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out. I'm fairly new to DVD Studio Pro, but here's what I've done so far with one of the PopDrops Menus.

I've gone into Photoshop 6 on the MAC and made some text changes and also changed the color of the background. All looks great in PS. I then did a SAVE AS and named my file.

From there, I have gone into DVD Studio Pro and Imported this into the Assets Tab. This is where everything changes. The color goes back to what it was, and it's missing all sorts of background items, etc. So much is missing that I can't even read some of my white text.

Can someone maybe give me an idea as to what might be happening.

Thanks,

Tracy
Re: Importing Psd File Into DVD Studio Pro
June 28, 2005 03:32PM
It's difficult to tell exactly, but you have to remember that DVD SP supports the feature set of Photoshop 5. Any elements that make use of later features (layer effects or styles, vector shapes, etc) will render wrongly. If you're using that kind of features, you will have to force PS to rasterize them (one way of doing this is merging that layer with an empty one).
Also, DVD SP apparently handles PSD layers by their index/stacking number, not their names. So , when you modify a PSD file that's already in use in DVD SP, you have to be careful not to insert new layers in the middle of the stack, but rather on top.
Hope this helps.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics