Can this be done in FC Pro. . .

Posted by Scott_r 
Can this be done in FC Pro. . .
August 03, 2005 05:09AM
I own and use the Adobe Video suite on my PC, but the PC cannot even play back the video properly that I have captured. Not sure if it is a video card thing or Hard drive problem. So have been very disappointed and this is a 2.8 GHz system with 1GB RAM.

My Mac Mini has worked very well with FC Express. But wanted to know if I upgraded to a better Mac system if and FC Studio, can you key frame Color correction for different settings throughout a clip? By key framing I mean change settings on a time line similar to After effects?

The color correction is just fantastic. I am amazed at how much better the video looks just a few tweaks. But have parts of clips where the lighting changes abruptly and the ability to key frame the color correction settings would be really great.

I tested FC Express HD and Pro at my local Apple store and they did not need to re-render anything. Worked all in real time. I'm testing my FC Express 1.01 on a friends new Dual 2.0, but this version everything has to rendered even the tiniest change. The system only has 512mb. Not sure if this in a limitation of this version? The systems in the store both had 2 GB RAM, and the did everything in real time. The sales person told me that the video card is what enables the current FC programs to work in real time.

Next wanted to know how Motion compares with After Effects? Anyone used both? What are your thoughts.

Thanks!

-Scott
Re: Can this be done in FC Pro. . .
August 05, 2005 04:39PM
Hi Scott - I can't help thinking you'd be better off asking this in the main FCP forum where you are more likely to get to folk who use this software more regularly.

From my limited FCP experience it sounds as if your friend has got his software set up badly, or he is running on a very basic Real Time system... it should not need rendering after every small change - most likely he has the sequence settings not matching the clip settings. But ask in Cafe LA for the real answers!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics