Where are there cool templates?

Posted by Robin 
Where are there cool templates?
November 05, 2005 09:17PM
I am a recent graduate from I Movie and I DVD to FCE and maybe...DVD Studio Pro. I DVD has very cute/cool templates that I am trying to find for DVD Studio Pro. For those of you who are not familiar with IDVD, there are themes like travel, baby, cowboy, wedding which are animated and very clever. Does anyone know if there aebsimilar templates for DVD STudio Pro. I can only find what look like web pages or industrial type templates.
Re: Where are there cool templates?
November 06, 2005 05:06PM
DVD Studio doesn't try to be cutsie, I guess. I do understand that there are ways to bring iDVD templates into DVD SP, although I personally couldn't care less.
November 07, 2005 09:48AM
I could't care less either. In the past DVD SP allowed you to import iDVD themes as long as the DVD SP version was newer than iDVD. They didn't update that feature lately, so I guess the last themes you can probably import are iDVD 3 or 4. Beyond iDVD themes, even DVD SP templates are there to help you get started. Who wants to use a professional DVD design and authoring application to use pre-made themes? Imaqine the face of paying clients when they find out "their" DVD is made from a canned template, and its' just like hundreds of other DVDs.

Post Edited (11-07-05 07:48)

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
November 07, 2005 12:25PM
That's what I am looking for...cutsey! Since alot of what I film has to do with children's events, school events and families this is what I am looking for. To make those cutsey, animated templates takes degrees in programming and animation etc...which I don't have so I am thrilled to be able to pick up some that are pre-made. When I buy a blouse I don't care that there may be other people wearing the same one... just as a template may have been seen before. So I guess the bottom line is that there are only those dull, industrial, commercial, unimaginative templates out there. The day will come where some visionary will make a whole slew of templates with all kinds of fun themes. I can see it now.. educational (books, a blackboard with a brush that erases photos to be replaced by a new photo, bulletin boards with post it notes of photos), sports (balls that shoot into hoops, pucks that shoot into nets and have photo frames in them), teen pizza parties, Halloween, prancing Christmas elves carrying packages with sides that have photos on them...I'm on a roll here. By now you are probably sick of reading about my fanciful dream templates. I guess until the visionaries do create them I can import my movie from FCE into IDVD if I really want to use those fun and cutsey templates.
Robin
Quebec, Canada
Robin:

You can open any iDVD themes (previous to iDVD5) in iDVD and save as a project to a separate folder. You can then open any of these project themes in DVDSP as a new project and the iDVD theme will appear in the menu screen, which will then be editable as it was in iDVD.
November 08, 2005 07:54AM
Thank you TOm but...I have IDVD 5. If I were a programmer I would love to invent original templates. Anyone out there ready to take up the challenge? I will be customer number one..even if I have to wait a couple of years.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics