bitrate too high error again and again...

Posted by john 
Okay, so I set my bittrate to high, got the error and lowered it again then built again, and again, and again...I have thrown out all the encoded files, video/audeo ts folders, even relinked all my media but I still get the error. Ive gone back to the facory defaults on bitrate but still no luck. The last time this happened the only way I could get arounfd the problem was recreate my project from scratch in a New Project, but there has to be an easier way. Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Re: bitrate too high error again and again...
November 29, 2005 02:02PM
I am having the exact same issue. Is there a formula for max bit rates and size?

Never had this problem on my G4

G5, DVD SP4, dual 2.7

I would appreciate any help with john's post as well

Thanks!
November 29, 2005 04:16PM
Hey John,

Any luck???? No luck here as of yet.

Troy
Well, it seems to work if I recreate the project-which I hae now started, but not on the original. Its a pain because its a very large project and since you can't have 2 dvdsp projects open at the same time, I can't just copy and paste. I have thrown out the prefs for dvdsp and still the same issue. Im resigned to starting over, but would still like to hear if anyone has a better method as I know I will run into this again.

Troy, I came across this article which might help you figure out your correct bitrate:
[www.digitalproducer.com]

john
November 29, 2005 04:33PM
I found this article...

[www.kenstone.net]

I can only assume that my DVD SP prefrs were set too high when I started the project and it can't recalculate or something. Like you I amd doing a re - do. Trying first as "save as". We'll see how that works. Man I miss FCP....

Troy
November 29, 2005 04:39PM
Typically, this error is caused when you use uncompressed audio in the project. If you encode to AC3 (Dolby Digital) and keep the video max no more than 7.4MBPS then you should be OK.

The only other cause I know of is that the encoder can introduce bitrate 'spikes' - i.e. moments where the max bitrate is exceeded by some considerable distance. This used to happen a lot with Compressor 1, but the later version seems more reliable in general. However, it isn't perfect and for that reason I tend to use different encoders, such as BitVice, MegaPEG.X or Canopus Procoder (on a PC). MegaPEG is good because you get a cut down version of MPressionist, which allows you to examine the MPEG encode in detail, and see any spikes, etc in the data rate.

You could also try re-encoding the video using CBR instead of VBR, but your best bet is to work on the audio and try a different encoder if that doesn't help.
Sorry to jump in on your thread, but I have noticed this error in areas completely unrelated to bitrate issues. I've even spoken with Apple about this problem and they are aware that this error message can occur for various reasons. In my case, it was because I had subtitle tracks that crossed chapter points. Even though this problem has next to nothing to do with bitrate, it was giving me that error. Try double checking your assets and making sure that there are no improper uses of tracks, subtitles, etc.

-Ben
I'm having the same issue.

What if I'm using just simple video about 90 min? Is there any way to change bitrate? Please someone give me advice...
Remember, that in order to actually change a bitrate of a clip in DVDSP (letting DVDSP do the encoding) it ONLY affects newly imported assets. If you change the encoding properties in DVDSP preferences, you have to delete the clips from your project, then your assets tab, then re import them. Otherwise, all you're doing is re-encoding at the rate that was set when the clips were imported.

A good rule of thumb is to always use Compressor, select the MPEG-2 setting you want, with the Dolby ac3 audio setting. Ac3s are much more efficent then AIFFs and can save you on your bit budget.
THanks for your help everyone. Im having the same problem!
Bit rate too high error!

I've tried to remove my subtitles now that go across chapter titles, but I am still having the same problem. The nextstep I will do is use ac3 audio.

ANy other things or suggestions?

please help, thank you.
13th hour of working on this today!
I'm having the same problem.
I was able to fix this problem using ac3 audio. However I made some client revisions to my file and now I'm having the encoding video bit error!

I was able to build this video before!

please help.
I'm using mv2 video format built using compressor at 120 fast encode.
Hi
Im having the same error the dvd needs to go out soon as possible.
Has any one got any clue
The only time I have ever received this error was when I imported assets and encoded them at one bitrate... then changed the bitrate and imported addl assets.
Same problem here: "bit rate too high message"
Its inmediatly solved if i convert the Aiff to Ac3 with Apack.

But then new problem appears:
The length of the AC3 file is different of the Aiff original, and the audio and video is out off sync.
In the Dvd studio pro preview seems to be Ok. But after burning the DVD, you can notice de deviation betwen video and audio.

When i substitute again the Ac3 with the original Aiff, everything is in sync but:
Bit rate too high again!!!!

So, be careful.
one thing i noticed is when i was having problems with the bit rate too high message is that i got the error on my g5 using dvdsp3, but then i tried on another computer g4 laptop with dvdsp4 installed and I did not get the error. I had my files on external hard drive. I did not change any of the linked assets either. DVDSP just seems like a buggy program, but maybe version 4 has updates needed to be installed on some of your computers. Not sure myself.
I've talked to a lot of people. I'm having the same problem. It seems that Pro4 has problems burning anything over 80 minutes. Maybe even impossible. I had Pro2 and could do everything with no problem that Pro4 won't/can't do. I think it's a bug issue that Apple needs to fix right away. I've sat down with computer and software experts on FCP and DVD authoring, and even they couldn't get it to work. There's two solutions (not good ones, but the only options): put your project that's over 80 minutes on two DVD's (I know it's a pain to have to stop and put in a second DVD- how primitive), or, find out if DVD-9 discs work with your computer. DVD-9 discs are supposed to hold around 8gigs of info. I haven't found anyone who's ever tried one though!
Good luck to everyone. If anyone knows something that might fix or trick the "BUG" let me know.
Bryan smiling smiley
harley williams
March 30, 2006 03:28PM
im having the same problem as everyone else, but unlike the post above (Brian Michael) I have well under 80 minutes of video in my project, so i think it may not necessarilly have to do with the duration of the video.
harley williams
March 30, 2006 03:29PM
im having the same problem as everyone else, but unlike the post above (Brian Michael) I have well under 80 minutes of video in my project, so i think it may not necessarilly have to do with the duration of the video.

Well I finally had my problems fixed when I converted my audio to acc.
Have you tried that?
I just tried to create a 76 minute project with one menu and a 20 second FBI warning ...

And with my normal settings, it was 5GB...

My audio track certainly does not need to be 44...

So we're on the same page, how did you get your audio in acc format? smiling smiley

I can try to downsize the encoding on the video, but I'd like to try that 2nd,
I used Apack which comes with finalcutpro I believe.
Here is the tutorial I used.

[www.kenstone.net]
April 05, 2006 01:22PM
All~

The above tutorial the Brian posted is fantastic. I used it and it solved my "bite rate too high" problem. Formatting my director commentary track as an AC3 file did the trick. Thanks!

Noka

[www.kenstone.net]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics