buttons

Posted by James T 
buttons
December 09, 2005 04:39PM
i created my own button of a feather through photoshop,
that will be implemented through all the menus. i imported them to the buttons palette, in seperate project.

i want to only see the feather when you at the current selection,
but they stay present all the time.

How do i make the buttons invisible until it's selected?

thanks for any help
J
Re: buttons
December 10, 2005 11:02AM
""How do i make the buttons invisible until it's selected?""

You can not do this! Buttons must be visable to be selected in a menu.

Please explain why you want to do this anyhow. I fail to understand as this is the second time someone has asked this question in a week. In my mind you can't find the button to select it if it is invisible???

But the DVD Specification doesn't allow much design lattitude when working around buttons.
December 10, 2005 02:49PM
Well, John in your mind you seem to be misunderstanding a lot these day's

Now, the point of the invisible button is not so you dont know where you are goin next.

it is that the menu already has the text for the location of the button for the viewer, i have an icon(i.e. a feather) selected as the working button that SHOULD follow around the menu for selection

maybe this will help you out

if someone does have an idea of what i am talking about, please let me know, deadline is approaching rapidly!!!
December 10, 2005 04:18PM
If I undertand correctly, you just want a feather to turn on when the viewer selects each button, right?

James: Let me say this. The DVD SP idea of "button graphics" is mostly a metaphor for beginners or quick projects. Behind the scenes, it's using the overlay/highlight method every DVD application uses. And it allows you do that by yourself, in a more controlled way. So, if you're serious about your DVD work, I really recommend that you get into the overlay/highlights method. It's clearly explained in the DVD SP manual, and in every DVD SP book out there.

In this case, for example, you would have a graphic (or animated background) that includes everything that's not a roll-over (ie, the famous body drawing, the title text and the buttons' text). Then you need another graphic that has a white background and black feathers in the right positions. DVD SP allows you to assign this second graphic as an overlay file, and you can choose which colors the feathers will be for normal state (transparent in your case), selected state and activated state. In other words, the overlay file is like a luminance map, where everything you want to act as a roll-over is black and everything else is white. Yes, there are variances to this, but I'm simplifying it a bit for the sake of understanding.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
December 10, 2005 06:31PM
thanks adolfo,

i think i know what what your referring to,

Except, the majority of the text was done in photoshop.

never mind, i still have no idea where to go from here,

appreciate your time anyway,
J
December 10, 2005 11:15PM
I GOT IT!!!!!

DAMN, that's entertaining.

never would have got it with out you, Adolfo.

thanks again
J
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics