Mac Book Pro

Posted by DH 
DH
Mac Book Pro
February 27, 2006 11:35AM
Hi all.

I have DVD Studio Pro 2 and Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD. I was wondering if anyone knows if these two products will run on Apple's new Mac Book Pro.

Will they?

Thanks.

-DH
Re: Mac Book Pro
February 27, 2006 03:01PM
No, they won't run at all. They will probably even refuse to install, since they specifically search for an Altivec unit (G4 or G5 processors) in order to install.

Days from now, Apple will release Intel Mac compatible versions of those applications. But the updates will be available for current versions only, ie, you can upgrade from FCP 5 or DVD Studio Pro 4 but not with older versions.

I understand that, because of this, Apple is offering very inexpensive upgrade paths to current versions and even the full Final Cut Studio suite. But since I don't live in the US (where these offers exist) I am not sure about the details.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
DH
Re: Mac Book Pro
February 27, 2006 03:25PM
Hi all.

Adolfo, thank you for this information.

I checked the apple.com website. Actually, the upgrade from Final Cut Pro Studio to the Universal Version of Final Cut Studio is $49.

Even better, the upgrade from a stand-alone version of Final Cut Pro 4 HD to the Universal version of Final Cut Studio is only $199. I think I will take this option. The upgrade will be available in March 2006.

With this option, I will be prepared for when Apple comes out with Intel Mac towers.

Take care.

-DH
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics