Import template from IDVD to DVDSP

Posted by shelleyrae 
Import template from IDVD to DVDSP
April 21, 2006 04:53PM
Howdy,

Is it possible to import a templete from IDVD to DVDSP? If so, what are the steps to take?

Thanks,

Shelleyrae
Re: Import template from IDVD to DVDSP
April 27, 2006 01:20PM
I don't think so... but I never tried to.
April 28, 2006 07:06AM
You can only import templates from iDVD 4 and earlier. You have to save them as a project out of iDVD to a separate folder and then open them as a new project into DVDSP. They should open intact with all the drop zones and effects.

Tom Jackson
May 01, 2006 05:38AM
Aloha,
Saw your post--how do you transfer the template from iDVD? I read your response and tried saving to a file on my desktop, then importing to DVDSP--I got a msg saying that "Could not import one file". From what you said in your post, it would seem that you should be able to open the template in the viewer, save it as...whatever, then import to DVDSP. Is that the process? So far I can't get it to work. Why do they have those great templates in iDVD and such sh*tty ones in DVDSP? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NAB On,
chris rust
May 01, 2006 12:29PM
Chris,

Well, after moving onto DVDSP, I never went back to iDVD. Don't get me wrong, that as far as the whole iMovie package is concerned, iDVD is great. But compared to what DVDSP has and can do, I prefer SP.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to find more custom/better templates for DVDSP?

I understand you wanting other choices in the templates.
May 01, 2006 01:59PM
Really what I'm looking for are other choices for templates. I liked some of the templates in IDVD. Are there any free downloadable templates for DVDSP?
May 01, 2006 03:43PM
Try this site:

[www.dvdthemepak.com]

You can choose from iDVD templates and DVDSP. They are not free. However, you can customize your order by choosing only the ones you want.

I ordered the SP templates, and I'm happy with them. I don't think you will find free ones. I tried looking, but never found any.

You can also try:

[www.pixelpops.com]

Pixelpops has matching DVD covers and labels to match the templates. But according to them, you will need Photoshop to manipulate them. So I did not order this due to my lack of Photoshop. Here is my email inquiry to them:

I have an Mac with Final Cut Pro and DVD SP 2. I see that Pop Drops and the Menus are Mac compatible but had a couple of questions.

Since the menues and such are created in Photoshop, do I need Photoshop to apply them to DVD SP2? And would I need it for the case inserts and labels to print?

Thank you in advance for your time,

-Darren

Here is their response:

Hi Darren,

The menus are actually just Photoshop .PSD files. This does mean (since you're not an Encore user -- which "sees" the .PSD files 100%) that you would at least need Photoshop 6/7/CS/CS2 to tweak the files to be compatible for FCP or DVDSP2 -- all the authoring apps that mention they handle .PSD files generally can, but you often have to rename layer sets and such. The printing is done directly from Photoshop for the inserts only. The disc face labels are generally saved out as JPEGS and then imported directly into whatever application you use for printing.

Here's a link to the instructions to see how things look and act... (there are Flash movies to show demos of different aspects)

[www.pixelpops.com]

All my best,

Lance Gray, partner
Chief Creative PixelMonkey
PixelPops Design, LLC

Special Effects Software
May 14, 2006 02:24PM
Chris:

Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of town. Yes you can open the template in iDVD viewer, save as whatever in a folder, and then open that as a new project in DVDSP. Otherwise it will not import. And it only works with iDVD4 templates and older.

Tom

Tom Jackson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics