Unable to down convert to SD from HDV

Posted by rwise47 
Unable to down convert to SD from HDV
May 02, 2006 10:24PM

I created my FCP timeline in HDV, imported to DVD SP4 in HDV. Now I want to build an TS file that will play SD on a SD DVD player. Although it will play on my MAC, it will not play on a DVD player.

Please advise as to what settings I may be missing in Preferences.

Thank You.

Rob Wise
Re: Unable to down convert to SD from HDV
May 03, 2006 10:54AM
Did you try re-exporting the timeline into Quicktime as SD? You need some way to convert HDV format (16:9) to SD (4:3) by converting each frame.
May 04, 2006 09:56AM
John,

I used Compressor to create an mpeg-2 file (which takes days) . I also tried compressor from FCP to 150 minute DVD and also tried compressor to 16:9 SD.
All took forever, none play on the DVD player. In order to export to quicktime, there is a 90 minute limit in Compressor settings. my project is 2 hours long. I need step by step instructions and a solution soon.

Please advise
May 11, 2006 05:27PM
The way I have found to get around any time limits on compressor is to choice "New Default MPEG2" instead of a timed choice. You then are free to adjust the compression as you need to accomodate the time of your project.

I too created edited an HDDV project, but what I did was export the entire project as a Quicktime Movie, not a Quicktime Conversion, but the Quicktime that is the same resolution as your project. I then took this file and dropped it into compressor. Compressor will automatically set the file up for the audio compression and I just add another compression using the above technique.

One last thing, compressor asks if you want your MPEG2 to be 4:3 or 16:9. Choose 16:9 and it will be automatically letterboxed for standard television.

Jim

I use a Mac because I am addicted to elegance.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics