Burning DVD

Posted by Andrea 
Burning DVD
June 12, 2006 05:18PM
I'v set up a DVD with DVD Studio Pro 4 and all is going great until I went to burn the DVD. I get an error saying "Not enough disk space in target folder". I went into the preferences and the destinations tab to change my location into my back up hard drive which has over 300G of sapce in it but I still get the code. What am I doing wrong? Is there another folder I'm suppose to save to?
Re: Burning DVD
June 13, 2006 03:15AM
Try doing a build instead of a burn.
Create a new folder, on your back up drive and use this as destination for the build.
Once finished, you drag your new folder into toast and burn from there.

btw have you checked your project size?
June 14, 2006 12:24PM
Um...Toast?

Yeah, my project is 3.3GB.
June 14, 2006 12:56PM
I made a new folder in my back up drive and set this new folder for my destination in DVD studio preferences as well. I tried to burn it one more time (crossing my fingers) and it worked. Either my crossing fingers are magical or DVD studio was looking for a folder in my back up hard drive.

Thanks for your help!

(and since I'm still curious - What's toast?)
June 15, 2006 02:47AM
Toast is a software for burning CD & DvD
June 27, 2006 08:15PM
is toast burning time better than dvdsp, im running a G5 with about 3.3gig project, and i have to burn about 130 dvds! would toast be better?
June 28, 2006 03:22AM
130 copies,

I would consider outsourcing the job.
June 28, 2006 10:08AM
Toast is definitely a better way of making copies than using DVD SP.

Burn time is about the same, because it is bit by bit.

You aren't thinking about using labels on these DVD's are you?
June 28, 2006 04:30PM
Yes i am but i have the epson r340 inkjet, why? and should i use toast to burn my project, i also have a menu so i dunt know how i would set that up in DVDsp
Yes hawaii is awesome!

Jai
June 28, 2006 05:40PM
Save yourself a LOT of grief and DO NOT USE stick on labels on DVD media.

Toast is a good way to make copies using the Audio_TS (which is empty) and the Video_TS folders.

So you have a 3.3 GB video file and that includes no menu? How did you get that project to build sucessfully without a menu?

To include a menu in the project you need to build a menu with an asset that has buttons and include it in the final build process.

If you have not gone throught the tutorial included with DVD SP, do yourself a BIG favor, and DO IT!
July 04, 2006 05:17AM
"Yes i am but i have the epson r340 inkjet, why?"

Trust me on this, as John said, do NOT use paper labels.
I have two friends who ruined $500 DVD players by playing DVD's that had paper labels.
Take the good advice given here.

Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
[www.edgesportfishing.com]
Fishing videos, DVD Production, Websites and more.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics