modifying the stock alpha transitions

Posted by choppertown zack 
modifying the stock alpha transitions
September 25, 2006 10:45AM
Hey Gang,
It's been a while since I posted, always glad to read up on everyone's issues...learned a ton from you all. Well we're releasing our second DVD in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get crazy on the authoring this time...lol. I changed the color of the "Leader" menu background, but I have been unable to modify the Leader alpha transition so I can match the color. As it stands I get the default bluish color when it goes to the next menu.

I haven't had any luck even opening the alpha transitions in any program...

I have the newest versions of FCP and DVDSP as well as Adobe Creative Suite CS2.

Thanks as always!

Zack Coffman
producer/director
Choppertown: the Sinners [www.choppertown.com]
Brittown: a Brit bike documentary [www.brittown.com]

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 15" 2.4Ghz
Matte Screen
4 GB Corsair Ram
OWC 1TB Raid
Dell 2405FPW
FCP 6.0.4
OSX 10.5.5
update...getting closer
September 25, 2006 12:31PM
well i got into the transition folder which was saved as a "packet". then i altered the contents/resources/leader.mov file to the color i wanted. but when i put the new file into the transitions folder it is causing my dvdsp not to open (hangs). i feel like it has something to do with all those .plist extentioned files in there...hmm....
done..here's the workflow i used
September 25, 2006 02:21PM
so i figured out a way to do it...not sure if it's the smoothest workaround in the world, but it works.

i made backup copies of the "leader" alpha transition packet in the transition folder as well as the three "leader" packets in the templates folder.

i adjusted the colors on the menu loop movie using fcp, saved it and imported it as an asset into my templates for my dvdsp project.

i imported the leader.mov file into fcp and then exported to motion. in motion i adjusted the colors to match the menu loop and saved.

exported the new leader movie as a png. placed this file inside the transition/content/resources packet folder and gave it the original name "leader.mov" effectively replacing the original.

restarted dvdsp and it works...

since i backed up the original default loops and alpha transitions files i can just swap them out again if i ever need them.

hope someone finds this all useful...

Zack Coffman
producer/director

Matte Screen
4 GB Corsair Ram
OWC 1TB Raid
Dell 2405FPW
FCP 6.0.4
OSX 10.5.5
Re: done..here's the workflow i used
September 25, 2006 07:32PM
Thanks Zack. Very good info. Appreciate it. Hey you ought to post the link to your teaser in our show and tell forum. Really like it. Great job.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: done..here's the workflow i used
October 05, 2006 06:05PM
thanks mike! posted! [www.lafcpug.org]

Zack Coffman
producer/director

Matte Screen
4 GB Corsair Ram
OWC 1TB Raid
Dell 2405FPW
FCP 6.0.4
OSX 10.5.5
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics