DVD Studio Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE

Posted by Michael Horton 
DVD Studio Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE
November 22, 2006 06:54PM
If you have any feature requests for a future version of DVD Studio Pro, post them in this thread.

Be VERY specific about your feature requests. And be sure the feature you are requesting does not already exist.

If you are correcting someone who has inadvertently posted a feature request that already exists or you have a better work around for that feature request, please use the QUOTE function and quote the person you are responding too.

This is not a thread about complaining about certain features in DVD Studio Pro. Only DVD Studio Pro Feature Requests will be allowed to be posted in this thread.
Re: DVD Studio Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE
November 22, 2006 10:45PM
Hello, Michae! (long time no see).

Here I go then:

* The most important request for me would be external monitoring options. While I understand some people may want Firewire DV, I wouldn't want to use that to monitor MPEG-2 streams. I would prefer the ability to route the simulator's (and/or DVD Player's) output to a Decklink or AJA uncompressed card (so that it doesn't add an extra layer of compression on top of MPEG). The current, DVI to super video option is fine for some stuff, but I wouldn't consider it a proper way for testing projects.

* I would really like DVD SP to have a track playlist. Something like an itunes playlist, where you could drag entire video tracks, slideshows, stories, etc. In other words, a way to easily create (and above all, update) Play All scenarios without having to use scripts.

* An option to make the menus loop x times before jumping to a specified spot. Instead of just having loop forever/still/time-out options (again, i usually do this with scripts, but being DVD SP such an user friendly application, it would be great not having to).

* Of course, subtitles clips that can be selected and moved in groups rather than just individually smiling smiley

* Finally, I would love if Motion had a way to define an object as the overlay map for DVD SP, and then have DVSP recognize that automatically in the Motion project. Wouldn't that be cool?

All the best!

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
November 23, 2006 12:48AM
One more important request:

I think it could be very important to discuss and maybe redefine DVD Studio Pro's workflow regarding multi-language navigation.

The current, official SPRM based method is really a hard sell. Clients feel they are giving away too much control, with too many variables making it unpredictable to anticipate in which language will the thing play in some circumstances.

I would like DVD SP to come to the rescue, maybe by migrating the current method to an user friendly variation of the GPRM based, "forced multi language" navigation method (in case it's needed, I mean the method in which you create a variable to act as a flag that stores the menu language choice and picks navigation routes according to that).

Maybe DVD Studio Pro could offer a workflow in which a menu is defined as having the ability to choose the menu language. And all other menus from that point could be designed and work just as with the current SPRM based method (you still create languages and you still toggle languages in the menu viewer!), but DVD SP's abstraction layer creates the code to make it work just as it does when you manually build such a disc with scripts. Isn't this a good idea?

Adolfo Rozenfeld

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
November 30, 2006 03:31PM
Lets not forget the real next thing. HD-DVD and BluRay authoring!

From what I can gather, the next format's scripting is much different than the Red Laser DVD today.
November 30, 2006 03:43PM
Of course, John!
I understand at least one of them is based on JAVA and the interactive capabilities are in a different world compared to current DVDs. I am relly interested in that too.

However, I'm not sure if I'd like such a gigantic development effort to take place now for something that won't be so useful for real world, commercial projects in the inmediate future. I say this because building suppor for the the whole interactive possibilites of two different but equally deep formats could be such a titanic task, that who knows if it would leave resources for anything else. Completely ignorant speculation, of course.

Two more feature requests:
Integrated DTS encoding in Compressor or DVD SP.
Adding simple AC-3 2.0 encoding to DVD SP itself. I understand that doing a 5.1 Dolby file needs an interface for channels like that in Compressor, but maybe the stereo stuff could have an easy, automated way (without messing with DNV and compression presets!) inside the authoring app?

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
December 09, 2006 05:18PM
As to those subtitles - let's have a decent subtitle editing system built in - export subs to a text file, move subs as a group, etc.

Don't forget timecode adjustments in that!

There's more, but that'll do for now!
December 13, 2006 05:10PM
The error messages "Bitrate too high" and "Invalid Video Asset" need to be more verbose, in giving us results of the conditions that led to the program giving us the error message.
December 17, 2006 02:15PM
How about a 'collect for output' kind of feature, for bringing all the assets together into a single folder ready for archiving? If the user is careful about having folders in the assets tab, perhaps these can then be reflected in the collected space, i.e. video assets folder, audio assets, graphical assets and so on?

Then the issue of re-linking files, or deleting those that are in use on the disc - if they are in use a warning is useful, but then let them delete and have the user replace them as necessary... it's a PITA to have to remove them a track at a time and then delete from the assets.

Scripting - I'd really like to be able to free type in the script editor with an auto correct feature so any typos get picked up. Syntax could be predictive too, but most importantly, cut and paste features would be nice. I really miss this from v1 still... there is too much pointy clicky going on when writing scripts, IMO. Maybe this could be a feature turned on or off in prefs for those more/less confident with the scripting.

Odd partition sizes would be nice. Very often a four bit partition doesn't hold the values I need it to, but a five bit partition does. An eight bit partition is too wasteful, so the ability to adapt the partition sizes please!

There will be more later, no doubt!
December 20, 2006 06:26PM
OK - another one...

Moving audio clips on the timeline - you should be able to shift+select a group and move all of them in one go, or use a command such as the FCP 'close gap' when deleting clips and shuffling the remaining audio along. This one really bugs me when I have a track with many clips in it!
February 22, 2007 12:59PM
I'd really like to have a batch build tool that allows me to queue up several projects for overnight builds. This would save me a lot of time.
March 04, 2007 04:03PM
Right - having just rebuilt a couple of projects that needed merging, how about a merge facility similar to that in v1.5? Import a VTS and enable it to be linked in to the current navigation - this is probably waaaaayyyyy down the list, but I am sure it would be useful - especially if the original assets are lost.
June 01, 2007 08:49AM
I would like to second what John is saying about Blu-Ray authoring in DVD Studio Pro. Being a wedding videographer, I have several HDV projects I cannot deliver to the client due to DVD Studio Pro not having Blu-Ray Authoring available. Apple has taken their sweet time on this and many editors I know are as frustrated as I am about this. Apple may loose some video editors to the PC market because of it. Blue Ray writers for the PC have been readily available for months. What is Apple waiting for?
January 29, 2008 10:49AM
Yes yes YES! Blu-Ray NOW! I have an immediate need, and the Adobe Creative Suite offers Blu-Ray creation support in their Adobe Encore application. Apple has gone from industry leader to playing catch-up again. In fact the only current way to incorporate Blu-Ray into a Mac platform even for data storage is using Toast. No native support what-so-ever at this point.

You think this has anything to do with the big deals Apple has made with distributors regarding iTunes distribution of studio movies and the studios fear of content theft? Hmmmm.
May 10, 2008 10:56AM
A Layer Break Interface
Scenarist shows you the amount of Data on each layer etc. There is a lot that can be done to make the layer break setting easier and cooler visually. The available Cell/Chapter Markers after a Build is great but so much more can be done.

Mux Window back
I want the Mux Window from 1.x.x back. That showed you bandwidth, had a cool graph and so on.

Pre-Scripts in Graphical View
I wish Pre-scripts could be small or an icon when attached to something! Having Pre-Scripts displayed the same as standalone Scripts is not great IMO with the arrows pointing back and forth.

Advanced Editing
I'd love to be able to see under the hood from within dvdsp. Edit Pre/Post commands on PGCs (not just add scripts) and actually structure the domains like DVDLab users can.

Multiple Titles in a VTS
I'd like to be able to author projects with more than one Title in a VTS, without having to use Stories or workarounds.

Scan in Simulator
Forward and Reverse Scan in Simulator! Should we have to ask...

Copy & Paste UOPs
I'd love to be able to Copy & Paste UOPs (User Operations) in dvdsp, or at least multi-select items and set UOPs on mass.

I'll add more though for sure,

Cheers,
Jake
June 09, 2008 06:18PM
I'd like to be able to have multiple Projects open at a time.
February 28, 2009 02:32PM
Maybe these things ought to be organised into a few of the user interfaces - for example, selecting all audio clips should be in the basic set up, but things like Pre/Post commands ought only to be in advanced... or perhaps there is a fourth interface needed here?
May 05, 2009 04:03PM
I'd like DVDStudio Pro to tell you if MPEG2 video files are either interlaced or progressive.
July 13, 2010 03:02PM
Am I alone in thinking that DVD Studio Pro (or perhaps Compressor) need to do better at down-converting and encoding our HD content for the creation of SD DVDs? After banging away at a tiny project for more than a week using Final Cut Studio, the results I've experienced are disappointing -- and apparently accepted by the masses with "that's as good as it gets" type comments. Come on Apple. You can do better!
October 01, 2010 09:34PM
Better text resolution
Adjustable audio levels for DVD menus
Wholesale soccer jerseys are presently totally well-known to soccer fans. As a matter of fact, it is presently ordinary to see persons wearing identical jerseys of their preferred group either player. This styles has influenced plenty countries, particularly the young adults. Wholesale soccer jerseys have a large collection of patterns, especially the various jersey patterns used by soccer teams. Yet the really popular ones are the copies of the really well-known soccer champs. It is suitable to shop wholesale soccer jerseys a little months previous the soccer period opens. The great period is that the latest soccer jersey package have released. This insures you which you can attain the wholesale soccer jersey you desire at the very affordable cost. Usually, online shops also community clothing shops add up their cost assuming the soccer period is simply a couple of months close. Other sense to make this is to refrain your chosen pattern to be no longer of stock, especially when it's the very known single. Wholesale soccer jerseys let you choose from its different patterns plus colors. Suppose it is bold colors you want, you can absolutely earn one. You can also choose through stretch or slim-sleeved styles, offering you the freedom clothing jerseys whatsoever the season is. Well-known at the moment are retro soccer jerseys, that are copies of the well-known jerseys from the past. Usually, they are worn by winning teams. A exact sample of a old-fashioned soccer jersey is that of the Brazilian team from Pele's era. Through a continuosly expanding demand, soccer teams launch latest jersey styles for home and extensive sports once a year. This is to amend them with trend as well as offer their supporters more appealing patterns. The most well-known soccer jerseys now are those from Arsenal, Real Madrid, Manchester United States and AC Milan. So shop wholesale soccer jersey this time also be amend through aiding your favored team. About Author Luck Lee is a 21 years old salesman.He dreams of being a great businessman by himself.Now he is deeply attracted by China Mitchell and Ness Chicago White Sox 11 Luis Aparicio White Home Throwback business. This article is free for republishing Published at nba jerseys cheap Chicago White Sox 17 Ken Griffey Black Reebok Minnesota Wild 15 Andrew Brunette Green Third
The carpet may become fairly dirty because it slander below your foot and it is the single object that is covering the base. The carpet attracts a lot of dirt and spillage and it is very important for your health and for cleanliness. Upholstery cleaning NJ is stated as deletion of grits and may be completed by many processes, may be together traditional and modern. The professional New Jersey carpet cleaners and New Jersey carpet cleaning organization is largely learned and unofficially ruled by the Institute of Inspection. There are a number of ways of Upholstery cleaning NJ. The warm water extraction ways is largely usual way of carpet cleaning. There are a number of home hold ways by which we may preserve your carpets relatively dirt free for a more period. But these methods are ineffective in the extended run and if we required having mats looking stain free, then you should employ the services of a specialized New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners company. This will be extra pricey than the household techniques but is definitely significant it as the marks are clear. Mat cleaning services are trendy with home vendors along with business owners. Upholstery cleaning NJ kit is usually available in various sizes rather the two main trendy are the portable one or the truck climbed one. To utilize a mat cleaning equipment, the user should have to first arrange the outside of the mat and after it applies cleaning agents to help obtain rid of stains. After this it is employed to scattered rushed water and cleaning liquid on the carpet's face. Waterless cleaning of carpets requires very less wetness device. While steam cleaning involves high wetness equipment. Dry New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners procedure is generally acceptable due to its medium period. Upholstery cleaning NJ Company maintains to expand vastly all over the world. It may be unsafe of hiring the wrong carpet cleaning company. New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners device includes a container for storing of water, much kind of pumps to push water, drying piece and an optional warming element to heat water. Soaked cleaning systems normally use period, which has led to people fears about very slow drying. Wet shampoo cleaning along with revolving machines, chase by wet vacuuming.The carpet may become fairly dirty because it slander below your foot and it is the single object that is covering the base. The carpet attracts a lot of dirt and spillage and it is very important for your health and for cleanliness. Upholstery cleaning NJ is stated as deletion of grits and may be completed by many processes, may be together traditional and modern. The professional New Jersey carpet cleaners and New Jersey carpet cleaning organization is largely learned and unofficially ruled by the Institute of Inspection. There are a number of ways of Upholstery cleaning NJ. The warm water extraction ways is largely usual way of carpet cleaning. There are a number of home hold ways by which we may preserve your carpets relatively dirt free for a more period. But these methods are ineffective in the extended run and if we required having mats looking stain free, then you should employ the services of a specialized New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners company. This will be extra pricey than the household techniques but is definitely significant it as the marks are clear. Mat cleaning services are trendy with home vendors along with business owners. Upholstery cleaning NJ kit is usually available in various sizes rather the two main trendy are the portable one or the truck climbed one. To utilize a mat cleaning equipment, the user should have to first arrange the outside of the mat and after it applies cleaning agents to help obtain rid of stains. After this it is employed to scattered rushed water and cleaning liquid on the carpet's face. Waterless cleaning of carpets requires very less wetness device. While steam cleaning involves high wetness equipment. Dry New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners procedure is generally acceptable due to its medium period. Upholstery cleaning NJ Company maintains to expand vastly all over the world. It may be unsafe of hiring the wrong carpet cleaning company. New Jersey carpet cleaning and New Jersey carpet cleaners device includes a container for storing of water, much kind of pumps to push water, drying piece and an optional warming element to heat water. Soaked cleaning systems normally use period, which has led to people fears about very slow drying. Wet shampoo cleaning along with revolving machines, chase by wet vacuuming. Reebok New Devils Blank Red Home
The over are some ideas you must know while you transpire to be contemplating concerning the wedding party celebration flowers. you have obtained to be unique you are probable to consider into consideration them. However, Cheap nfl jerseyswhile in the situation you transpire to be heading to manage obtaining a wedding party celebration planner, the planner will even have got the ability to give you with loads of suggestions. nfl jerseys sale this could unquestionably make your being a amazing offer easier.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics