Forum Etiquette

Posted by shelleyrae 
Forum Etiquette
March 13, 2007 01:08AM
Another question...

Although there are separate Forums for DVDSP, SoundTrack and Motion, I find when I post my questions to these specific applications within Final Cut Studio, I get a very slow response and sometimes none at all.

For example, I posted a question on DVDSP on March 9 regarding Button States, and haven't gotten a response yet. Whenever I post questions to the Final Cut forum I almost always get answers within the same day, and sometimes within minutes.

I want to respect the policy of LAFCUG by directing questions to the proper Forum, but really appreciate the quicker responses from the Final Cut Forum.

How badly is it frowned upon to ask questions regarding the other applications in Final Cut Studio on the Final Cut Forum?

Please advise.

Thanks,

ShelleyRae
Re: Forum Etiquette
March 15, 2007 11:44AM
Keep trying to post in the apprpriate forum. If you get no answer after a day, post to the Cafe. Its been hard to get moderators to handle all of the forums. This one and Soundtrack Pro have been tough.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 15, 2007 05:52PM
Shelley,

At times the problem seems to be your computer issue, not necessarly a common problem. If the issue seems to be specific to a unusual condition, we will generally wait to see if someone else has a better answer for you.
March 15, 2007 06:44PM
Hi John,

This is one unanswered question. (Look like 62 people viewed it but no one has any suggestion yet.) I've trashed the DVDSP preference with no resolution.

RE: Normal Button State not working

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I can't get the "normal" button state to work. Currently, in the menu it shows up as white in the normal state which is the color I've assigned to it. But when I go to simulate, it defaults to my "selected" color state (yellow). Both the selected and activated states are working just fine.

I've experimented with changing the colors for both the "normal" and "selected" states. It displays all my assigned colors properly while in the menu view, but when I simulate, the normal state always defaults to whatever color my "selected" state is set for.

What's up with this?

ShelleyRae
March 19, 2007 03:06AM
This could simply be a matter of it being the default button on the menu, or the only button on the menu.

The default button is generally the first button that you create - when you navigate to any menu that button will be in the selected state automatically. You can get around this if you really want to, but it is good practice to leave it alone! Viewers will be accustomed to seeing at least one button selected when they visit a DVD menu - changing this can get confusing.

How many buttons do you have on the menu?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics