Track Current Chapter

Posted by Taeloe 
Track Current Chapter
March 23, 2007 12:48PM
So here is my situation. I am making a DVD with a 2 hour feature that has 3 chapter menus. I have a script that holds the value of the last button highlite, so that when the user menus out of the feature it goes back to the chapter that was selected. However, Is there a way to script the tracking of the current chapter. So let's say the user selects chapter 3 on page 1 and watches all the way up to chapter 11 on page 3..... if the user menu's out of the feature, the highlite should go to page 3 and highlite chapter 11.... but the way that it is now is that it will go back to the last button selected. If anybody has a script or a decent idea of how to build the script, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Taylor
Re: Track Current Chapter
March 23, 2007 01:41PM
Hi Taylor, I haven't tried this but it might work. Select the track in the Outline. Then, assign the appopriate menu to each chapter marker using Connections. When doing so, assign the chapter marker to the appropriate button.

I'm not sure if that will show that button highlighted (and ready to activate) or if it will activate it. Give it a try and see if it works.

bob rice
frameworx media
March 26, 2007 03:10PM
The way to do this is to use SPRM7, which tracks the last chapter played in a track.

All you do is set up a short script to get back to the menu, then use a GPRM based button jump working from SPRM7. Assuming you are going to the correct menu...:

mov GPRM0, SPRM7
Jump Menuname [GPRM0]

If you have entered chapter 11, then GPRM0 will get a value of 11... and send you back to the menu and land on button 11. If your button values are different because you have added other navigation, simply do some adding or subtracting until the GPRM0 value is correct.
March 26, 2007 03:28PM
Excellent Info, Thank you Hal & Bob, I will give it a try.
Thank you
Taylor
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics