nothing in the FAQ about this!

Posted by Mark19 
nothing in the FAQ about this!
March 26, 2007 01:35AM
Just want to have a music track to go along with a menu. can a music track be assigned to a psd file within DVDSP? the psd file is the first play menu. When a button clicked and the video is done playing, i have it end jump back t the menu, I want the music to play when menu is activated. I know I said that already, just wanted to be clearer.

Looked for jedi master Jordans instruction on Lynda, but nothing about music that I could find. To that point, I don't imagine that it's possible to have the music pick up where it left off when the button was clicked, I imagine that's asking too much.

thank you in advance! I hope this is not too obvious.

-md
Re: nothing in the FAQ about this!
March 26, 2007 03:13PM
There are two things to think about here - if you are using a photoshop layer based menu then no, you cannot add audio at all. If you are using a layered photoshop file to create a standard menu, then yes, you can add audio!

So, it depends on what kind of menu you are creating - a standard menu is one with a background and a simple overlay. A layer based menu is one where you have lots of layers for the different button states and are assigning different layers to each state.

A standard menu can be composited from a photoshop file inside DVDSP, or it can be made from flat files (like .pict) imported in to DVDSP.
March 26, 2007 04:20PM
thanks Hal!

-md
March 27, 2007 12:06PM
the answer is drag the audio file onto the menu and drop! Larry Jordan strikes again, under creating a menu chapter on Lynda.com.

new problem with a different computer...

On my little iBook G4 the media files encode into a DVDSP project automatically, I open the same project on a dual core tower and the files when imported just sit there with a yellow indicator, they don't seem to encoding at all, no encode bar indicating anything.

I would think that the encoding process in DVDSP is an automatic deal, i should not have to go inot encode setting or anything right?

-md
March 27, 2007 03:40PM
Check your preferences - you can set DVDSP up to encode in the background as you work, or encode on build. The two machines might well have different settings...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics