Can't import H.264 assets for HD DVD

Posted by bradleybennett 
Can't import H.264 assets for HD DVD
May 10, 2007 10:59AM
I can't seem to successfully import my H.264 file to create an HD DVD in DVD Studio Pro. In anticipation of this moment (being as urgent as it is) I had performed tests with shorter footage. These were successful, but now I am trying to import a 30 minute asset which is about 1.3GB and when I drop it in it appears to be successfully importing (shows a little progress bar), but it gets about 1/3 of the way, then just disappears - no error message, no nuthin. I am using the Compressor default setting for "HD DVD H.264 90 Minutes" which has the 6.75Mbps data rate.

During my tests I had noticed the same problem which trying to import a 3 minute file using the 60 Minute (10Mbps) setting. Now I am having the same problem with a longer file at the lower data rate.

Of course my back is up against the wall as this is for a premiere showing with 150 guests. I am supposed to test this at the location today. Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Bradley Bennett
Re: Can't import H.264 assets for HD DVD
May 18, 2007 03:23PM
Bradley, I share your pain. This week I started experimenting with burning my first HD DVD's although via a standard DVD 5.

First I tried it using MPEG2 with the stock setting for that in DVDSP4. Worked fine, I had some menu problems but the media itself played fine. The MPEG2 encoding wasn't that great and there was alot of blockiness and noise in dark areas. Overall it looked a little soft to me. The original media was 720P and I was keeping it the same, not scaling to 1080i.

Not caring for MPEG2 I encoded again with H.264 using the stock 60 min setting in Compressor.
Compressor finished and I was able to play the sequence fine in Quicktime player.

However, when I dragged it into the assest window of DVDSP4 it did exactly the same thing yours did. It started loading and had the progress bar till about 2/3 way through and then it bailed with no indication as to why. It did not crash DVDSP, just terminated the process.

The audio came in fine as an AC3 file.

Without some kind of error message I am at a loss.
Re: Can't import H.264 assets for HD DVD
May 22, 2007 06:03AM
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics