Burn menu only?

Posted by Phil G. 
Burn menu only?
May 18, 2007 11:11AM
Is it possible to burn a constructed SD menu to a DVD without any additional content? It consists of 5 menus that I can presently access on my Mac by selecting the 'next menu' or 'previous menu' buttons. It looks and functions fine but that is as far as I can go at the present without the video being added.

I need to show a client how the menu is looking prior to finishing the video project.

So far I have been unsuccessful.

Thanks for your assistance
Re: Burn menu only?
May 18, 2007 04:35PM
I suppose you could create those 5 different menus and not add any video tracks. Using only the buttons on the menus to jump from one menu to another seem like it should work?

Set First play to the Main menu and all other menu return to the Main menu. What have you done so far?
May 18, 2007 05:14PM
Thanks for your response John,

Thus far I have produced the entire menu page with 5 additional menu pages. It contains everything except the actual video/audio tracks. The menus play fine from one to another and return, however, when I attempt to burn them to a DVD it asks for the video track.

I guess I could add a 'slug' in order to fool the system. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar request from a client.

My system is shut down for the day but will give it a try tomorrow. If I am successful I will post it on this sight in the event others are interested.

Thanks again
May 22, 2007 07:41AM
I just finished burning a DVD with over 100 menus only (no video tracks or stories) as an educational interactive tool. In order for DVDSP to burn the project I had to build and format. Just clicking BURN would not work.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics