Dude, Where's my toolbar?

Posted by buffalo6 
Dude, Where's my toolbar?
May 28, 2007 04:46PM
Hello,
First time posting, has anyone seen this before?

Any ideas on how to solve it apart from reloading DVDSP?

I also was wondering about transitions between menus. In FCP I created a transition between one menu and another and exported it as a QuickTime file then encoded it and put it as a track but also just had it as a mov file in my assets. When I try to use it as a transition it only allows me to use the video track or the video from the mov, there is no sound. Is this normal or should I have sound. I could have sworn i'd done it before with sound and I have sound on the clip i'm using as an intro into the main menu on startup.

Hope that makes sense to those reading,

Cheers fellas (in advance of those kind of enough to respond)
All the best

Alex
Re: Dude, Where's my toolbar?
May 28, 2007 05:27PM
Blimey - that's odd!

Have you tried trashing the preference files, repairing disk permissions and so on?

Have you by any chance got some font management software running? Have you turned off any of the system fonts that DVDSP uses?

What is the spec of your mac?

As for the transitions - if you import a piece of footage to use as a DVDSP transition then you'll lose all audio - if you need the audio then you have to create your interstitials manually, generally using a short track or even a menu so that you get the audio. You will almost certainly have a pause as you move from track to track, menu to menu or menu to track. What I tend to do is add the transition to the head of the track and that way avoid at least one place where a pause can happen.
May 29, 2007 02:01AM
Hey,
I haven't trashed the preference files for DVDSP4 but I have repaired the disk permissions, i'll give that a go now. I haven't got any specific font management software running either.
I'm running a Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Dual Core with 10.4.9

Cheers for the advice as regards the transitions.
and
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it,

Alex
May 30, 2007 03:10AM
Hmmm

I deleted the preference files, repaired disk permissions but to no avail....any other ideas...anybody?

Thanks in advance,

All the best

Alex
June 01, 2007 02:18AM
FCP 5.1.4 Powerbook G4
I've lost my toolbar and audio meters - I can select -deselect them in the window menu as much as I like but they never appear. Reinstalled FCP from orig disks - then updated - still no joy.
Since we are on completely different systems and since I did not run FCP on this machine for a few months - then upgraded to 10.4.9 before starting the prog again, could this be a system related issue?
June 01, 2007 03:06AM
Indeed, have you tried reporting the problem the apple? I don't know how much it would help but can't harm.
June 09, 2007 07:32PM
have u looked to see if they got moved behind ur preview window or timeline or something
July 24, 2007 09:30AM
Hide the tool bar and then un-hide it again - this works for me.

Adam Duplay
July 24, 2007 09:35AM
Cheers for that. i would give it a go but i've now upgraded to Final Cut Studio 2 so everything is hunky dory. Cheers for the reply though.

Alex
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics