For the DVDSP 4 experts... BUTTON complication.

Posted by dgsuzuki 
For the DVDSP 4 experts... BUTTON complication.
July 06, 2007 02:53PM
ok, here's the problem. I want to create a button that covers an area but won't actually highlight when u toggle or click it. i want a small BAR atop the area (the area happens to be a picture) to indicate where you are in the menu. Right now, the button is a simply thin bar above the picture, which is fine for DVD players, BUT on a computer, i want the user to be able to hover OVER the picture and have the DVD recognize that as the button area, but ONLY highlight the BAR above the picture..

does this make sense. i cannot figure out how to do it... alpha channels / layers in PS?

HELP please!

thanks!

darrin
Re: For the DVDSP 4 experts... BUTTON complication.
July 06, 2007 06:38PM
You've probably got your answer now from the Apple forum, but in case you ahven't, what you do is create the images a a background for the menu. You make the small bars for each as a single overlay file (just the bars in the overlay) and import the background and overlay files into DVDSP, adding them to a menu. You then draw out a button rectangle over the highlight bar AND over the background image as well. This way it becomes a large 'hot spot' that computer users will be able to mouse over easily enough.
Re: For the DVDSP 4 experts... BUTTON complication.
July 09, 2007 08:44AM
here's one issue. There is also a movie going on BEHIND all of the buttons, text, menu items and i have created all of this in MOTION (using a Photoshop file mixed with a .mov file). the original PSD file has layers (which i could easily create another layer with the bars (is this what you mean)) but i think the layers get lost once i export it all out of Motion (the reason i did this is because i couldn't find a way to set the movie file to play in the background while a PSD file was overtop of it in DVDSP4).

Do i create another PSD file with JUST the button bars and them import it as an overlay (i am new to OVERLAY and don't really understand how they work).

Thanks for all the help..

Darrin
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics