Play All and Chapter access on same menu

Posted by Scott Taylor 
Play All and Chapter access on same menu
July 21, 2007 07:38PM
I'm trying to make a Quick & Dirty DVD in DVDSP and it's taking way longer than Q&D ought to. I'm very green at DVDSP, but a couple of months ago I accomplished exactly what I'm after this time, using some counterintuitive processes, and now I can't remember what I did to accomplish it. I've opened my old project to look at it, but I'm not finding the key.

Simply put, I have a single movie with 3 chapters. I have a single menu, with a Play All button and 3 chapter buttons. I want Play All to start at the beginning, play all chapters, and return to the menu. I want the chapter buttons to start at the chapter mark and play only that chapter, returning to the menu when the chapter is finished.

I can click on each chapter marker and set End Jumps to the Menu, and they all work like I want them to. But the Play All button only plays the first chapter and returns to the menu, doesn't continue. I can set all End Jumps to "not set" and now Play All does what I want but the individual chapter plays don't return to the menu, they move on to the next chapter.

This must be simple, I did it once! Can anyone steer me right?

Scott
Re: Play All and Chapter access on same menu
July 23, 2007 05:53AM
One way you can make that work is using stories.

Add three stories to your track

link the play all button to the track and the chapter buttons to the stories.

now set the end jump of the stories and track to your menu.

grts,

Chris
Re: Play All and Chapter access on same menu
July 23, 2007 12:12PM
Thanks, Chris. I've not had a chance to look into how to use Stories, but it looks like that could solve all sorts of problems. I'll check it out when I get back to my machine.

Scott
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics