how do I set DVD Studio Pro to return to chapter index menu when stop the track

Posted by Kathy Craven 
how do I set DVD Studio Pro to return to chapter index menu when stop the track
December 22, 2007 02:25PM
I created several projects in DVD studio pro. Each have chapter index as the first play. I want the viewer to be able to stop in the middle of a chapter they are viewing and go back to the chapter index menu (which is the first play or main menu, as I said). When I press stop now it goes to a blank screen. How do I set it up so that if the viewer presses stop or menu it goes back to main menu (chapter index).

THANKS!!
Kathy
Re: how do I set DVD Studio Pro to return to chapter index menu when stop the track
January 19, 2008 04:47PM
If you press stop, most players will do just that... stop. If you press menu then you have a better chance of getting to where you want to be - set the menu call to jump to the chapter menu and that's where the user will go.

Using 'stop' is not the way to navigate, even though you may think it is logical. In the context of a DVD player it literally stops playback from continuing. In this case you will either see a blank screen, or the player's internal screen, or if you have it set up you may get the 'jacket picture' screen.

This may therefore be a case of needing to educate your viewers and change their viewing habits. Use the menu button to get to menus, title button to get to the 'top' menu. Remember to set these up in the property inspector for each track (or at disc level and leave the tracks set to 'same as disc'), and set the end jumps for the tracks as well.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics