out of sync in DVDSP!

Posted by unamalatesta 
out of sync in DVDSP!
March 16, 2008 04:19PM
I have a short piece (13 mins) which originated in DVCPRO HD 720p. It's beautiful varicam ftg.

I needed to make an SD DVD, so I used Compressor to convert the DVCPRO HD 720p file into an 8-bit anamorphic SD clip. This looks gorgeous, a perfect conversion of the 24p HD ftg into SD space.

From there, I ran two tests: 1) Importing the naked SD file into DVDSP, it looked pretty good, but the text was blocky, and some busy frames, with tree branches and the like, were a little alias-y; 2) I had Compressor take the 8-bit SD file and create .m2v + AC3 + aiff.

This second test looked fantastic, I mean perfect. But there was a molto problematico moment when I dragged in the audio: it was totally out-of-sync. I tried slipping around but it remained o/o/s, regardless which direction I took it.

I've tried re-producing the cleanest .m2v file w/n Compressor and cannot remember what I did to produce the file!

Does anyone have a droplet that they currently use for converting DVCPRO HD 720p into a smooth-looking SD DVD?

I'm in a bad place with this thing. Any help would be G R E A T L Y appreciated.

Intel Quad, FCP 5.1.4, Compressor 2.3, QT 7.4.

Thanks.
Re: out of sync in DVDSP!
March 17, 2008 02:52AM
Oops, I meant to ask:

Does anyone have a droplet, or any advice on the settings in Compressor for the smoothest HD>SD conversions, and/or any idea why this sync issue would arise?

Many thanks.
Re: out of sync in DVDSP!
March 17, 2008 01:40PM
Never mind. Sync solved.

Only issue now is smeary subtitles, ones which were meant to be mandatory, always on-screen, and which were generated in FCP. Is it recommended to subtitle in DVDSP?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics