DVD Studio 4 Burning Problem-Pixelization During Transitions

Posted by Eileen 
DVD Studio 4 Burning Problem-Pixelization During Transitions
July 31, 2008 05:22PM
I work on a G5 with 2 Lacie external drives, primarily storing all video on the Quadra. I have been editing in FCP 5.1 for a couple of years with no problem. I now have issues that occur once my project is burned to DVD.

The projects range from 30-50 minutes in length and I normally export using Qtime (have had other issues trying to export using Compressor). Just last night, I finished a video at 30 minutes in length, exported via QT movie and imported that into DVD Studio Pro. Checked it out on the tv and there was significant pixelization at transitions. (Other info: some clients with older DVD players have even experienced the DVD just stop in mid-show.) Just verified that the QT movie generated does not have these crap elements. Could this be my burner or is there some setting I should change in DVD Pro?

Can anyone out there assist me with this?

G5 Mac OS X (10.4.11); FCP V5.1; DVD Studio Pro 4
Re: DVD Studio 4 Burning Problem-Pixelization During Transitions
July 31, 2008 07:44PM
Most likely bit-rate of encode is TOO HIGH. Commonly misunderstood of how to encode.

Export full rez QT and then encode with Compressor or other tool, but do not let DVD SP do it for you.

(HINT: Where you see the term encode, that means something else must decode it to play out.)
July 31, 2008 08:52PM
Have run numerous tests with bit rates, all under 8, to no avail.

I've tried Compressor in the past. It seems to work fine until after I have imported both audio and video files. After waiting for the encode, it comes back to me with an error message like "Could no open one file". I'm sure there is some setting I am missing, but no one seems to know what that setting is.

BTW, I live on Maui and there is NO support here. Any ideas you provide will be welcomed with open brains.

Thanks!
August 01, 2008 09:44AM
Eileen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have run numerous tests with bit rates, all under
> 8, to no avail.

No Settop player can decode above 6Mbps. Never ever go above 6.0 if you are sending this out to people with DVD Players.

> I've tried Compressor in the past. It seems to
> work fine until after I have imported both audio
> and video files. After waiting for the encode, it
> comes back to me with an error message like "Could
> no open one file". I'm sure there is some setting
> I am missing, but no one seems to know what that
> setting is.

Which version of Final Cut Pro/Studio and Compressor do you have?
Compressor is rock solid for me, so it must be a local problem.

> BTW, I live on Maui and there is NO support here.
> Any ideas you provide will be welcomed with open
> brains.

I LOVE the Islands! Been there a few times but now live on the East Coast.
>
> Thanks!
Give us the complete rundown on your computer and software. MacOS ? Quicktime version?
Everything you can think of that might help us help you.
March 16, 2009 11:43AM
>Export full rez QT and then encode with Compressor or other tool, but do not let DVD SP do it for you.

How do you stop DVDSP from encoding?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics