problems with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4

Posted by mark@avolution 
problems with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4
August 14, 2008 10:37AM
Using the methods and presets exactly listed in "Making Hi-Def DVDs on 4.7G DVD Disks"
I have ran into the following issues.

1) When taking a 24p XDCAM self-contained movie into compressor and using the HD 60 minute
h264 preset as indicated; the file comes into DVD Studio and the Asset Column (Name, Status, in Use....)
says the h264 QT is 23.98fps; which is expected. But if you look at this asset in the Inspector it says it is
29.97fps non-drop.

So there is a contradiction here.

Secondly, I try to make simple first HDDVD movie; and once the burn process gets to initiating
(h264type).mov; the entire DVD Studio crashes...

I have read tht h264 is the only way to make sure I get correct pulldown.

Could someone please assist me?!

Thanks
Re: problems with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4
August 14, 2008 11:26AM
I would like to help, but I have chosen to completely stay away from this mess! HD DVD is not a supported format any longer.

No further work will be done on it.

The future for HIGH DEF is BluRay and Apple is not responding in a timely manner.

It i s my understanding that DVD Studio does not use progressive content, only 29.97 drop fame.
August 14, 2008 11:57AM
Yes, we just bought a Blue-Ray player to do BlueRay burns via
Toast HD 9; BUT we have an XDCAM 24p production and the client
bought a HDDVD Player (Hitachi HD-A30).

I am just trying to get a product to them in HD-DVD that does correct
pulldown (and that is the issue) and then I will never touch HDDVD again!

John Foley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to help, but I have chosen to
> completely stay away from this mess! HD DVD is not
> a supported format any longer.
>
> No further work will be done on it.
>
> The future for HIGH DEF is BluRay and Apple is not
> responding in a timely manner.
>
> It i s my understanding that DVD Studio does not
> use progressive content, only 29.97 drop fame.
October 03, 2008 11:04PM
At this juncture, I am re-rendering my HD content using same methods described above. The puzzling thing is that I've made many, many HD dvd's w/o issue. This time the only thing I can think that is different is the length. The article I read stated that I could expect to get as much as 50 min of HD content on a type 5 DVD. I've successfully put as much as 60min on type 5 DVD in HD. This time, I'm trying to get 72min. The rendered .m2v file (H264) is only 4.3G. I bring it into DSP 4, build my menus etc. The inspector says everything is fine and it plays all the way through w/o issue. But when I try to build it, when it gets to 68% DSP crashes without explanation. I've tried this multiple times and it fails at 68% each time. Anyway. verified all settings, even with apple support. No problems. Just crashes. I'm trying to shorten the content and we'll see what happens!
July 29, 2009 04:28PM
My completed movie is in H264/720/1280/2G format when I try to drop it into my DVD Studio Pro it says that it is not a compatible format? I am trying to figure out DVD Studio Pro someone told me to just copy the demo DVD Studio Pro which I know works and then import my video into it. I have imported MPEG 2 video into it with no problem, I know that it is SD. Actually I still have the MPEG2 video on the DVD software and I have deleted it in an attempt to get DVD Studio Pro to accept my H264 -- no luck. Can anyone please give me an idea of how I can import the H264/720/1280/2G movie into DVD Pro so that I can burn a DVD of it?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics