2 angle dvd - bit rate too high

Posted by x9fama 
2 angle dvd - bit rate too high
October 27, 2008 05:48AM
Hi,

I finished building the menu for a dvd with two angels. Now when I try to finish or burn I am always told, that the bit rate is too high. I tried both, converting the video and audio files in the back or converting while finishing. The videos are only about 25 minutes each?so it is less than an hour. I have seven menus, each with 40 seconds music of the same song and additional 30 seconds video as transition.
I also did a test version putting both films after another in one track and this works. So any idea what I could do to not have to erase that second track to make the DVD work?

Thanks a lot.

Mandy
Re: 2 angle dvd - bit rate too high
December 01, 2008 01:48PM
Are you trying to create a multi angle disc or a mixed angle disc - i.e are you running the alternate angle for the length of the original footage or are you ahveing only a few sections here and there as an alternative section for the viewer?

Getting these right requires you to be particularly exact in how you create your footage. For example, the two clips must be an exact GOP structure, length and so on. Keep in mind that when you put a cut in the FCP timeline and export the footage you could be adding a compression marker. If the cut in one piece doesn't match the same point in the other then the GOP structure will be different, and your build will fail.

What I suggest you do is to not use compressor for making your files but to use DVDSP and make the encode settings CBR instead of VBR. This is the *only* time I will recommend using the built in encoding function of DVDSP. CBR is in fact pretty essential to get your angles working, too.

If you still have problems (and you shouldn't) try exporting out of FCP as a single piece of footage, then import that back in to FCP so that the timeline shows a single clip, no cuts. Now export that again... then try it. You should make sure each clip is the exact same length, to the frame and then import to DVDSP.
Re: 2 angle dvd - bit rate too high
December 14, 2008 10:51AM
Not sure if using Closed GOPs was mentioned and also the Bitrate limit is different when using more than one stream. Upto 5 angles has a 8Mbps total limit for the Track I am pretty sure. It should be in the manual if not it'll be in DVD Demystified for sure...

Hope it worked out...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics