Menu buttons to play chapter then come back and play another chapter etc

Posted by tuffhamster 
Menu buttons to play chapter then come back and play another chapter etc
February 15, 2009 01:10PM
Hi

I am putting together a DVD for a charity organization that creates plays for blind people to participate in. One of my challenges is to create a talking menu and I think I have sorted that one out. The other thing they want is the ability to click on various buttons that will play set few chapters. The DVD is about a tour around france and the uk for a production and if you listen to the whole "documentary style video" it has various sections such as the acting, the theory, the technical but spread out over the timeline. Because this is an educational DVD on how they acheived everything they also want people to able to access just the parts they are interested in. For example as stage and lighting guy might just want to see the technical stuff so we want for him to be able to click on the technical button and it plays the first technical bit (ie chapter 3) then after that chapter it might want to jump to chapter 6, then chapter 9 then chapter 11 then back to main menu. I presume this is a script we need to write but if anyone could point us in the right direction for the kind of code I need to write I would be most gratefull. I do not know much about scripts but I am a quick learner.

Many Thanks
Re: Menu buttons to play chapter then come back and play another chapter etc
February 20, 2009 07:18PM
You need to checkout Stories. It may be a better fit for you, rather than scripting...

Basically, you could do something like this. In Graphical View select the Track and click Add Story. Then re-name it Technical bits. Double click the Story to open the Story Editor and add Chapter 3, 6, 9 & 11 to the entry list. Set the Technical bits button to target the Technical bits Story. Set the Menu Call & End Jump for the Technical bits Story to the Technical bits Button.

You get the idea...

Stories allow you to re-use content (Chapters) without increasing the project size as well as easily create different playback orders for the Tracks chapters. You could for example play the chapters in another order 11, 6, 9 & 3 by dragging the entries into a different order,

Hope that helps,
Re: Menu buttons to play chapter then come back and play another chapter etc
February 21, 2009 04:28AM
Many thanks for your help, this is spot on, exactly what I needed to do...

Thanks Again
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics