Motion Fonts pixelated in DVD studio Pro

Motion Fonts pixelated in DVD studio Pro
March 26, 2009 06:10PM
Hello All,

I am rather new to FC Studio so please forgive my stupid Questions. I did some titles in Motion and then when I imported the motion project to DVD studio the fonts were very pixelated. But the tutorial does not indicate that there could be a problem between these two programs with fonts. Can anyone help?

Terrence
Re: Motion Fonts pixelated in DVD studio Pro
March 26, 2009 06:14PM
We need more info to troubleshoot this with you. What format were you working in Motion? Have you tried exporting the Motion file as a Quicktime and just bringing that in to DVDSpro? Have you watched it on a TV monitor?

I've round-tripped Motion projects into FCP but never DVDSpro; I usually convert everything to MPEG-2 before I import it to make a DVD.

JK

March 26, 2009 07:05PM
Hello,

I am sorry. I exported it as a Quicktime file. It did work but that is where I am seeing the pixilation. I have not watched it on a TV monitor, but i did simulate it and the pixelation stays. Are you saying if I export it as a Quicktime and then MPEG it then the pixilation goes away? I did not MPEG it when I burned it without text. It played clear in DVDSP without text. I thought the pixels would clear up after I burned it, but the simulation discouraged me. I will try burning it and see if it clears up in the DVDSP MPEG process. I am having trouble with Compressor 2 so I was attempting top find a way around it.
Terrence
Re: Motion Fonts pixelated in DVD studio Pro
March 27, 2009 03:42PM
Could you post some screen caps? I'm afraid I'm a little confused now about what you're doing, would help to see it.

JK

March 27, 2009 03:56PM
The Preview will be pixelated until you either import a properly compressed m2v MPEG File or actually compress the Video in DVDSP.

If you simply imported the Quicktime into DVDSP then it will be this rough view until you make the Disc.

You can set DVDSP to compress in the background under the settings.

Or

Compress your Quicktime in Compressor and import the m2v file - this will look sharp.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics