menu button configuration - basic advice please.

Posted by filmman 
menu button configuration - basic advice please.
May 08, 2009 06:32PM
John Foley gave me the steps to set up a DVD SP program to play once the DVD is inserted in the player.

I asked how to do the button thing and John responded and also Shane did the same, but I wasn't able to make it work. I made a few DVDs that didn't play.

I have learned the no menu configuration so well that I can't modify the procedure to put a simple menu button.

The initial instructions I got from John were easy. I was able to put all of the steps on a single Index Card and I've been using that card to make over a hundred DVDs.

I need simple steps that I can follow in setting up a simple DVD SP project with one button. I know it sounds easy: just drag the movie file to menu, but then what do I do next?

I would really appreciate a step by step procedure for this. Thank you if you take the time to do it. Please don't take it for granted that I know where anything is. I appreciate it...
Re: menu button configuration - basic advice please.
May 08, 2009 09:56PM
the instruction below is debatable, because there are just too many ways to do this.
When you open up the program you get to choose basic view, extended, or advanced.
choose advanced, if you have the default set to other things, just go to window -> configurations, then choose advanced.
after all the windows load up, you'll see on the top left hand corner under graphical tap there are two boxes. one reads menu 1, the other track 1. click on the track 1 and hit delete. then click on the menu 1 to "select" it.
underneath the graphical pane, there you'll find asset. drag and drop your video into the asset. or you can right click and import the file you want. once your file shows up in the asset pane, drag and hold it over the canvas under menu tap (this is right to the graphical pane). as you hold down the click and hover over the canvas, there will be drop down menu show up, choose create botton and track. you can burn the project this way; you'll have a menu with a bottom link to the video.
if you want to add text to the button, after you finished the last step, click on the button you just created, then go to the bottom left the inspector pane, you'll see a box where you can type in your text. then burn. DVD SP project with one button.

hope this helps.

Cw
May 11, 2009 09:48AM
Thank you, Charlie. I'm going to follow these instructions in a few days and I'll post my comments here again.

[www.releasing.net]
June 01, 2009 03:04AM
I had problems, CW. I didn't get to configure the button. When you say, "drop it on the canvass," where is that? Thanks for the help.
July 04, 2009 04:23PM
I finally clicked and clicked ... and clucked LOL and, behold, I produced a DVD is DVD SP that had a scene from the movie that I could click on with the TV set control and it would play.

I already knew how to make a DVD that played after inserting it in a DVD player, but I didn't know how to do a button, a button that would preferably say "Play" and the movie would play.

But now I was able to see a scene from the movie (a still) and I was able to put a title on it and when pressing play on the controller, the movie would play -- otherwise no...

I couldn't figure out how to put a "button" that said "Play" though. So that will be my next mission for the next year or so. LOL Thanks for the help, Charlie -- if you're still checking on this thread.
July 06, 2009 02:25PM
How do you put one "button" on the "background" picture (which I figured out how to do), the button should say, "Play" for example. I can create the "button" in DVD SP, but I can't write IN IT, only outside it (!).

Thanks for the help.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics