Creating shapes to highlight active button

Posted by mattheeley 
Creating shapes to highlight active button
July 22, 2009 06:25AM
Hi everyone!

This is hopefully something simple to explain,

I am trying to set up a basic menu with 4 buttons. What I need to do is have a small shape that will move down and point at whichever button is in a highlighted state..

So a shape that only shows against the one button that is highlighted.

Can anyone tell me how and if I can do this..
Any advice will be very very much appreciated!!

Cheers

Matt
Re: Creating shapes to highlight active button
July 24, 2009 01:16PM
Are you trying to create the shape AS the button. Because if so, you'll need to first build that in Photoshop.

It needs to be four layers: top layer is the shape, second layer is a white highlight of the shape, third layer is the shape again and fourth or bottom layer is a transparent layer. Then you import the whole thing into DVD studio and set the shape under the style tab of the button window.

Then I like to make the selected highlight white and set the opacity at about four. Then when the shape is selected, it turns lighter, sort of ghosty looking.
Re: buttons that are invisible in normal state
July 29, 2009 04:38PM
Hey I'm stuck. I need to make 15 buttons for a menu made from a jpeg that are invisible in the normal state but as the cursor passes over the button the button's image, made from a jpeg, will appear. I want the image for the button to be the original--no color or shading. I have made the buttons from photos in Photoshop but I must be getting the layers wrong or the settings in DVDSP are not right. Thanks Jim
July 30, 2009 12:24PM
When you say cursor, are you referring to a computer cursor or the selection with the remote? And why do you want them to be invisible?
August 03, 2009 08:43AM
I'm making this for a computer so it's the computer cursor. The background will be a photo of a rainforest and I want 15 buttons on this that are invisible in the normal stage. So as you pass the cursor over a button area, a photo of some animal will appear (out of the of forest-oh cool says the kid, maybe). So the button needs to be the photo of the animal. 15 animals 15 buttons. I can make a shape of it in any color but I need the photo image. I can make them in Photoshop and they work fine when I import them into DVDSP as a shape but they are just a an outline then, not the photo. Thanks, Jim
Re: Creating shapes to highlight active button
August 17, 2009 01:25PM
Oh of course !
but you didn't mentioned what type of device you are using.....
1 st you have to inform what you are using , than i can give you a suggestion...

i am waiting for your reply.
Thanks.
Sarabon
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics