copy protected DVD ? special blanck DVDS?

Posted by ankawa 
copy protected DVD ? special blanck DVDS?
August 01, 2009 11:58AM
i never tried the 'copy protected' feature in DVD SP because a friend told me I need special blank DVDs. I googled it and didn't find any info . I am not saying he is a lair, but just misinformed?????

I am editing Sweet XV events and dont want the kids making copies, I rather want them to pay for a duplicate smiling smiley
Re: copy protected DVD ? special blanck DVDS?
August 06, 2009 02:58PM
Unfortunately, burned discs (disc that are created optically in you DVD drive) do not support CSS or Macrovision Encryption- in order to encrypt a DVD you need to replicate (physically have them stamped at a facility) your discs which usually requires an order of 1,000 or more. If you intend on creating at least a few hundred you might be able to find a replication facility to help you out- but if you only want to make a handful- you're probably out of luck.

The reason (from what I understand) is that you actually have to pay for the license to use these proprietary technologies - the fees are included in replication costs and the actual licensing is handled by the replication houses - it's not supported on burnable media because there's no oversight to the legitimacy of the content you're burning in the privacy of your home.
Re: copy protected DVD ? special blanck DVDS?
August 07, 2009 04:59PM
too bad we cant protect our own stuff....thank you
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics