Hidden Info, Secret Data, Easter Egg?

Posted by danajstrom 
Hidden Info, Secret Data, Easter Egg?
September 09, 2009 02:42PM
Hi,
I'm currently working on a series of DVDs that are tending to have multiple versions of each; fixes, minor changes, added features etc. They're consistently being updated and re-distributed.

These discs are being replicated and in the interest of keeping track of what's what, I'd like to add a version number to the discs... something that wouldn't be apparent or available on any of the main menus or programs- but something that's also really easy to access quickly in case any questions arise about that disc.

It wouldn't be a problem for an over-zellous user to come across this- but it shouldn't ever happen by accident. Of course there's plenty of ways to hide an easter egg in a menu- but I just was wondering if anyone knew of any especially clever or creative little tricks - some way of hiding something as small and simple as a version number?
Re: Hidden Info, Secret Data, Easter Egg?
September 17, 2009 11:22AM
Why not simply put it in the VOlume Creation field, adding it on to the end of the date stamp in there? Or better yet, each time you make a build keep a spreadsheet and list the time and date against the version number in that.

If you open a replicated DVD in MyDVDEdit or DVDAfterEdit you can look for the volume creation details and work out from that which version it is.

It would have to be a pretty determined end user to look in such a place.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics