loop pauses after export to QT

Posted by DM 
DM
loop pauses after export to QT
April 29, 2006 01:34PM
I created a 10 sec menu comprised of 4 video clips and effects. The menu is 300 frames or about 1o seconds long. there is a slight hit but not a pause when it loops in Motion, however, after exporting it via QT and importing into DVDSP4, then, setting it as a motion background menu, it pauses for about a half second each time it reaches it's loop point.
Should this or can this be adjusted in Motion or in DVDSP??

thx

FC 5.1
DVDSP 4
Motion ver 2.1.1
Re: loop pauses after export to QT
April 29, 2006 02:08PM
That's the nature of DVDs, nothing you can do about it - the laser is moving back to the loop point. Same thing happens on professional Hollywood DVDs.
DM
April 29, 2006 02:25PM
thx. kind of thought that was it.

HOWEVER!! do u know if I can at least separate the audio loop from the video?
I dropped the full audio track in the menu but it cuts off at the same time as the background video. I think I could live with the video stalling if the audio kept going for at least 30 seconds or so..

thx
May 02, 2006 09:36PM
When the laser moves to the beginning of another event, the audio stops as well. The video stalls and doesn't go to Black because of the video frame buffering.

In any case, there is NO WAY to keep audio or video playing during a repositioning of the laser. The process is very much like a phonograph record. One needle at one point in time ONLY!
May 22, 2006 06:46AM
Usually what I would do in a situation like that is take my loop into FCP and repeat the animation to make it at least 30 seconds long, depending on how much room I have on my DVD I prefer to make it 2 minutes or as long as my audio track is. That way the audio can play the whole way through on the menu and the loop pause happens much less often. This will also make it easier for the user to move through the buttons, because with a ten second loop they might still be moving around the menu and it would be frustrating for the loop to keep happening while hitting the directional keys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics