Attending a Motion event...any questions for me to ask???

Posted by grafixjoe 
I'm attending an Apple-sponsored Motion class Wednesday Morning. Is there any questions you would like me to ask? I have a few million myself, but feel free to pile on!!!

- Joe
...ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk......

...Bueller?

...........something - something..........Motion questions?

CUT TO: EXT - Ghost Town Main Street (magic hour)

DOG POV: Wind swirls - tumbleweed rolls off camera left
Ask them if they send NFRs to UG leaders

:-)

mike
Hi Joe,

One question, but not important at all, just curious.

Does "Motion" originally developed by Apple or just bought from somewhere ?

like,
iTune from SoundJam
DVD Studio pro from Astarte
FCP from macromedia
Logic form emagic
Shake from (oh... forgot!)

Have a nice day.
Antonio Hui

it was developed from the ground up by Apple, specifically fellows who used to work for Discreet.

mike
wow, sound good. maybe someday, we have the feature as same as the "flame" or "flint"

well, just a wishes.

Thanks!
Antonio Hui

Hey Folks,

I went to my Orlando, Florida Apple Store this morning and took in the Motion Demo / Class.

Ya know, it's pretty much a wash when you know more about a new product than the Demo dude (and I haven't even touched it yet). This guy was not from Apple...he was from a local "training" facility. All my questions seemed to throw him back.

He was totally unprepared for the Demo with no Filters or Emitters installed on the machine he was using. He stumbled on my "Time Remapping" question then said "I don't think you can do that in here". I pretty much lost interest in anything he had to say after that.

Oh yeah, he ALSO said that the only G4's to run Motion was the MIRROR-DOOR G4's. He answered my last question about ease in / ease out motion with "...hey, I've only been on this thing for a week".

The program looks to be a great addition to After Effects, but by no means is it a replacement. I look forward to the updates / upgrades, though!

- Joe
A few to add to your list, Antonio

Silicon Grail (RAYZ)
Prismo Graphics (LiveType)
Nothing Real (Shake)
Focal Point Systems (Cinema Tools)
and Emagic (Soundtrack/Logic)

And as I hear, the people working on Motion were like the majority of the Combustion team?
Emagic (Soundtrack/Logic)

Logic YES - Sonundtrack - No

Soundtrack is another application written from the ground up by Apple.
Actually, DVD Studio Pro 1.0 & 1.5 code came from the buyout of Astarte, DVDSP 2 & 3 code came from the buyout of Spruce...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics