I've lost all Motion windows ! :-o

Posted by Vincent Zorzi 
Now, I can't use Motion !

I've just tryed to start a new projet, and... nothing. Even if I choose "New" from "File" menu... I can choose what kind of projet... and then... nothing. No window ! No library... no canevas... nothing.

I've tryed to quit and relanch...
I've tryed to launch tutor...
I've tryed to lauch older projet... same thing !

I've even tryed to put .plist to trash : same thing !

I can't use motion !!!

I'll try to relanch my PowerBook...

See you...
Enven after restart my computer !!!

I'm trying to repair file permissions...
...same thing !

Wow ! What appends ???

The only window I can obtain is when after lanch Mation, and get no window, I try to open an older projet, so I get the canevas windows. But no libreray... no inspector...

What to do ???

I'll try later to reinstall motion... :-(

Apple ? if you heard me !!!.........
Ok !

I found where is the bug :

This is the French.lproj !

Because, with Command+I on Motion icon, if I uncheck French, then after relanch, Motion is in english AND works ! All windows are back.

But, if I check back "French" : No window !

Apple !!!!????............... Thanks for no english countrys..........

(That's like iPhoto 4... where the French loprj has a bug in the layout on screen.... grrrrrrrrrrrr....)
Oh, I remember about one thing : there is an Apple develloper in this phorum sometimes. I can send my bad french.lproj to him if he want. I will be more easy to debug it for Motion devellopers.

So ?
One more thing...

the bug it not around my french.lproj

the bug appends with all non-english langage. I've tryed to check only german : same thing : no window. Like with Japanes.

So : since one hour, my motion only work in english...

Note that I've try to replace french.lprj with pacifist from the original from CD install : same thing. So the bug is not in the lproj packages.

:-/
Thought I'd just jump in here Vincent and say Hi because I feel sorry for you talking to yourself.

:-)

Hopefully other European users can reproduce your bug and certainly send a report to Apple.

Mike
After to have put Motion to the trash, and reinstall from DVD, windows are back in french. Ok all works fine now...

Next time, I'll try to found WHEN this appends.

But please Apple, check it :-)
Thanks Mike :-)
This bug appears just after installing the free plugins offered by Apple after registering : MotionIncentive_1.0.dmg

I've downloaded them on the US site... and those one cause the bug.

I'll try to download them from the french Apple Site... perhaps it will be different...

I'll tell you later.... :-)
The file downloaded from french apple site is exaclty the same file than the english one. The link is exactly the same.

So, english guy in this phorum, would you try something for me ?

If you have installed extras from Apple after registering, just uncheck "english" in the command+i panel of Motion icon in the Application folder. Just let French, German, or Japanese. And then try to lauchn Motion. Create a new project ; Do you have all windows ? Library ? Inspector ?...

Tell me :-)

After that, You juste have to check back "english" in the command+i and relanch Motion.

:-)
Nobody to help me ?

Nobody to just try in French or German or Japanese ? Just to say to me if you lost window too in an another language than english, AFTER installing extras from Apple... ?
Was able to test because I had just installed on my 17"/1.5 Powerbook and had not yet installed registraton incentives.

Before registration incentives, launched perfectly in all languages.

After installing registration incentives, would launch in every language but would only display Canvas window in every language except English. No problem in English.

So, I can confirm.

Ned Soltz
Hey Vincent,

There is a known problem with Motion that if you chose English as the primary install language when you installed your OS, switching to other languages (French, German, Japanese, etc.) will result in a corrupted Library/File Browser display when running Motion.

It sounds like this is what you are running into. If so, you will need to re-install OSX and choose French as the primary installation language. After that, Motion should run properly in French.

Please post if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks!
My OSX have been installed in French as primary language. So, it's not this known problem. Perhaps, it's around... but it's not that.

Motion without the Apple extra works perfectly !

After installing extra : no window. Only Caneva with old project. But nothing if I create a new project.

Thanks Ned !!! I'm not alone. It's not only my computer.

So, I'll tell that in French forum to prevent friends to install extras.

I hope Apple will take care of that !
Hey Vincent,

The regisration incentive filters are causing the problem with non-English Motion. To temporarily disable the filters until Apple fixes the problem, do this:

1. Select the Motion application in the Finder.
2. Press Cmd(Apple)+I to Get Info on Motion.
3. Open the "Plug-ins" section of the Get Info window.
4. Uncheck the ExtraFilters.bundle checkbox.

After doing this, Motion should run properly, again, but without the extra filters.
whats up
February 18, 2005 09:20PM
is this the same doyle rockwell that used to live in abqaiq?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics