Dance with the "behaviors"

Posted by Antonio Hui 
Dance with the "behaviors"
August 25, 2004 10:16PM
A thought about behavior.

What's that ?
Very simple, "Repeat in Style"

What that's means ?
Think it is a form of dance, like Waltz, Ballet, Minuet, Tango, Flamingo, Samba, Hip Hop ...etc, they all repeated in their own style.

Rhythms, Pattens, Movements or even costumes all made them different to each others.

The fact is, the most important concept is "Interaction", interact with your dancing partner (the other graphic elements) in the stage or interact with music... or etc.

Let's dance
Antonio Hui

ps: Finally, I have my copy... more information will be posted later. May I .....

Re: Dance with the "Mystic"
August 26, 2004 05:24AM
May I introduce my dancing partner miss Mystic. Mystic is the code name for Power Macintosh G4 MP (Gigabit Ethernet).

Yes, she passed the test of "Motion Compatibility Checker" with the new 9800 pro graphic card installed.

but.... the installer from the "Motion" CD have an additional test for checking the CPU speed. All G4's below 667 Mhz are not allow for any installation. Well... time to changing partner, that is expected.

to be continue.....

Antonio Hui

Very curious at the moment. Can I found a way to run "Motion" on "Mystic" G4 ?

Well.... The answer is Yes. (please don't ask how, can't tell)

But, the performance is so so, not much "real time" feeling, except the "Ram Preview" is OK, stable or not, is still a question.

Apple is right, motion is built on today technology not for the outdated machine.

I will dance with miss "Mystic" for few days, and feel how slow it is, than changing the dancing partner to the "Mirror Door"

(Music up)

Minuet: a form of dance in 17th century, real slow one.

Antonio Hui

Hi Antonio

I Have a similiar set up also like your "Mystic" I have already ordered the ATI 9800 could you be more specific on how you managed to run it on a Dual 450 with 9800 installed?

Thanks
Harry
Sorry Harry, as I said, I will not tell anyone.

The reason to do that trial is only want to know how bad it was and to prove that the "Motion Compatibility Checker v0.1" posted from Apple in not accuracy.

Yes, people from Apple will watch this forum frequently and hope them to fix it, otherwise, people may accidentally place the order.

So that, if your G4's CPU speed is less than 867Mhz, cancel the order of ATI 9800 and refund the copy of "Motion" to Apple ASAP.

Good Luck
Antonio Hui

I had the Dual 450 but upgraded the processor to Dual 1.2 G4 with 2 GB RAM. If I order the ATI 9800 Will Motion work? I can't find anyone who has tested this?

THanks
t probably can be made to work in a similar maner to the Quicksilvers. In both cases the week point tis the power supply in these machines. The AGP slot on the G4 for the graphics card also has to match 2time or 4 times.

Antonio, I think mentioned someone installing the 9800 on a stock G4 400 & fooling the G4 into thinking it was an 867mhz with some sucess.

Dave
So having a 2X AGP sawtooth with a processor upgarde card should run Motion? I have a dual 450 and purchased an upgrade card with dual 1.2 processors.

Apple says you have to have 4x AGP to run Motion. Will my Sawtooth run it with a Processor upgrade card and ATI 9800?

Thanks
I don't think the sawtooth can, because the power supply is not enough for the ATI 9800 pro.
... ATI recommends a 300-Watt power supply or greater to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal devices are installed.
[www.atitech.com]

//------------------------

Check list:

1. power supply must be 300W or greater.
(Open the computer case and check the label on the power supply)

2. run the "Motion Compatibility Checker" by Apple
(it's check 3 things, a: Graphic Card, b: OSX version, c: QT version. They forgot to check the cpu speed.)

3. run the "Terminal" program and type the following,
/usr/sbin/sysctl hw.cpufrequency

The computer will response like this.
hw.cpufrequency: 799999998 (for reference only, from my iBook G4/800)

The reading must be greater than this "667000000", otherwise, the installer don't let you install anything.

Good Luck
Antonio Hui

The dual 450 is called "Mystic", the power supply is 338W (please double check it). so that, in theory, your have a chance to run the "motion" with your 1G upgraded G4.

But, you need to pay around us299 + us340 for it. I guess, You better think twice.

Antonio Hui

Re: Dance with the "Mystic"
August 27, 2004 01:35AM
To all mac friends,

The little history of PowerMacintosh
[www.lowendmac.com]

Have a nice day with Mac
Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics