Lessons and Tutorials?

Posted by Michael Escher 
Lessons and Tutorials?
September 01, 2004 05:32PM
Hi all,

I see that Peachpit Press hasn't yet published their Motion book yet and the Inside Motion tutorial that is selling at the LAFCPUG store hasn't shipped yet either.

The tutorial that was included with the program was kinda short and didn't go into too much depth. I was wondering if anyone out there has a reccomendation for a book or step by step tutorial that is already out on the market. I am champing at the bit to get started and don't want to poke around in the dark, so to speak.
Re: Lessons and Tutorials?
September 01, 2004 08:13PM
Right now, not much of anything out there. It's a 1.0 release though. Call me crazy, but I love 1.0. Nothing like being there at the start when the features are few and the future is bright.

I am sure many are being written this very minute!

::evil laugh::

-Alex
September 01, 2004 09:47PM
I have an idea. What about we write a short tutorials or quick tips by ourself and share in this forum ? Also, shared the reason why we love or hate "Motion".

Happy Sharing.
Antonio Hui

Eddie Cook
September 01, 2004 11:49PM
Did you go through the two extra Tutorials you can download from the Motion website? (and pick up your bonus filters/generator?)
September 02, 2004 10:01AM
Where does one find the extra tutorials and bonus filters/generator?
September 02, 2004 10:19AM
Thanks.
September 02, 2004 01:55PM
I will try and post some excerpts in the next few days from the Motion PowerStart that will be helpful. It is almost finished.

[www.dvcreators.net]

September 02, 2004 04:33PM
I just wanted to thank you all for the suggestions, especially the free lessons on the apple website. I've been spending the day working on them and am actually having one of those "ah-ha" moments when the software finally starts to make sense. Motion is fun.
September 02, 2004 10:09PM
I am keeping a list of Motion resources here, which includes an article I wrote for Ken Stone's site on using Motion keyboard shortcuts:

[www.applemotion.net]

-Mark Spencer
Author, Motion Visual Quickstart Guide from Peachpit Press (coming soon)
Apple-certified instructor, FCP and Motion
September 03, 2004 09:32PM
Does anyone know if the PDF file of "Motion Help" comes in a hard copy that one can purchase? This has always been a bit of a pet peeve with me. Why can't they just charge us an extra $30 and include it with the software? Printing some 800 pages seems rather daunting and reading a how-to from a computer screen is kind of a drag.
September 04, 2004 03:38AM
It's not $30, it's $60. But you can order one from this place:

[store.vervante.com]
September 11, 2004 04:54PM
Excellent Tutorial at:

[www.creativemac.com]

If you can put up with the every page change Cinewave pop up add....this tutorial makes a lot of things clear - Andy
September 18, 2004 07:15PM
If you download the (free) Pro Apps Hub from [proapps-hub.com]
you can go into the articles area and sort by application and find every currently published Motion article. updated more than twice a week. The articles load into the Hub software so you can work along with them. Four are listed right now, but by the end of my current work period it will be at least three more.

Easy enough to find now, but the finding will get better late next week.

Cheers

Philip
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics