Alright...Let me hear from G4 Quicksilver Users...

Posted by grafixjoe 
I FINALLY got everything installed last night. The OS / QT upgrade, the 9800 Pro Mac Edition card, Motion, etc. on my Dual 1 Ghz Quicksilver G4.

I need to hear from the G4 Motion Users...is there any settings / configurations that helped your Motion play better...because my machine is having a hard time with it. Nothing plays in "real time" (30 fps), when the playback is running and I drag the timeline open the machine almost crashes (bug, maybe???)

Ram Preview works great...I even rendered a few smoke movies out Straight w/Alpha and brought them into After Effects...they look amazing! I just want to streamline the actual building of the project and interface interaction.

Let me hear you!

- Joey
Hi Joe,

Good to know that you finally running the motion on your G4.
Don't worry, some crash is normal, I guess, it will be fixed when the v1.01 is released. (hope).
(you know, I run the motion on a even low-end G4. Yes, since I already understand the limtation of my machine, I feel happy to work on it.)

For better "real time" feel, switch to full screen mode (F8) and remember all the hot key. Also, work with tablet is great, another must have tools when running motion.

Have Fun
Antonio Hui

John Foley...where you at?
Has anyone loaded Motion on a dual 800 MHz PowerPC G4, 2 MB L3 cpp,
1.5 GB SDRAM?
If so, I need to know how to configure my Mac.
Joe,

On vacation! You know that little intermittent break we take every 5-7 years?

I did get your email in the 190 that I downloaded on return but tomorrow is another day.

John
...what's a "vacation" ?
I bought the Production Suite and Panther for upgrading my FCP3 and DVDSP2 for all my machines, which is Quicksilver 867, Dual Mirror DP 1.25 and Dual Mirror DP 1.42. Also run thru the Motion Checker and says that I have only to upgrade to 10.3 to run Motion. So today I went to the Apple Center and wanted to collect my Production Suite and suddently one of the salesperson asked me...
"What machine are you going to use it (the software)?",
"Dual Mirror 1.42"
"No! You can't!"
"I don't care about the Motion. I just wanted to upgrade my Final Cut"
"You only can use FCP HD and DVDSP 3!"
"yeah yeah yeah.."

So, is it true and impossible to run Motion on those G4s? And should I only have (at least) G5 DP 2.0 to run Motion? Or I can still run Motion on those G4s and forget about the real time, ready to crash and etc etc etc... I don't mind doing editing, compositing with limitation of real time rather than not to have at all.

"the Motion Checker and says that I have ONLY to upgrade to 10.3 to run Motion...." Yes, Yes..... :-)

.... I thank you already have a 9800 pro inside your G4. Please enjoy the motion too. It will run happy with you too.

Antonio Hui

ps. all you mac could run motion too, after you add a supported graphic card. Yes, limited real time on the low end one but it's work.

Antonio Hui
Dp1.25 = yes, Dp450 = Yes, too !! (for test only)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics