Who wrote motion ?

Posted by Antonio Hui 
Who wrote motion ?
September 20, 2004 12:37AM
Yes, motion is developed from ground up by Apple, but I guess not all. I found that part of it is done by Pete Warden.
(I checked the script files inside the motion.app package one by one)

As usual, I type his name to the Google search window, than I found some free stuff by him, quite nice !
[www.petewarden.com]
(a good reference for me to learn programming too :-)

Thanks Pete !

Antonio Hui

Re: Who wrote motion ?
September 20, 2004 10:26AM
Antonio

I dub thee Mr Google, for excellence in mastering Search Engines.

:-)

Mike
September 20, 2004 03:49PM
Glad you like the free plugins, but I'm actually an Apple employee. smiling smiley Motion really, truly, is internally developed...

Pete
September 20, 2004 04:35PM
Thanks for checking in Pete and congrats on Motion

Mike
September 20, 2004 08:29PM
Hi Pete,

Without the contributors like you and the others for sharing their knowledge,
the world biggest public library will never be existed. (The Internet)

Antonio Hui

September 21, 2004 10:55AM
You're "Pete's Plug-ins"? EXCELLENT to have you aboard, man. I use those plug-ins in AE - good stuff. I hope you will be able to share any nice upgrades / features that we might be able to look forward to with Motion. As a Broadcast Designer / Editor, I am hoping that speed and productivity / power user features will eventually be addressed and implemented (programmable keyboard, for one, would be SWEET).

As I play with it, I am having some difficulty with the Timeline productivity. As an AE Artist since v.3, I'm used to seeing all the keyframes in the timeline by just hitting "U". The seperate keyframe editor is going to take some getting used to.

Since you are a real Apple Motion Tech, maybe you can help with an issue. I am one of the unlucky ones that is stuck on a Dual 1 Ghz G4 Quicksilver 2002. I just upgraded all software & hardware to run Motion. I can run it and do RAM Previews on some things, but there are quirky things going on - I can't seem to get it to initially run good. One thing is when I drag the timeline open while in Playback mode, the machine feels like it's going to crash. Dragging particles around the Canvas - there's a solid 1/2 second delay (the bounding box doesn't even follow my mouse). Playback anywhere near realtime (even one or two layers) is impossible.

It feels to me like caching / display issues. ATI tech Support sent me an email full of mostly OX 9 troubleshooting tips (???), so that's useless. I am wondering if someone at Apple has tested my rig with the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition video card (the same one I have installed). I just need Motion Prefs & settings / ATI settings / etc from a working rig. If you know anyone, please forward my email address.

Thanx for contributing, Pete! Hope to see you a lot more here on the Motion Forum!!

- Joe
September 22, 2004 12:35AM
"...programmable keyboard..."

For customized hot key, I found a XML file called "global.keys" located inside the motion.app package.
It's look like we could modify the script easily. Is it true ? ...

... (not sure, but I will try :-)

Antonio Hui

September 22, 2004 08:15AM
Antonio,

Breaking into the script is way over my head, my friend. That's why I wait for the Developers to do it.

- Joey
September 22, 2004 11:01AM
Hi Joe,

For the "global.keys", the answer is 50/50.

Yes, the file is a script for manage the hot key but not all. Only part of the function can be append to it. Don't have luck on this portion at the moment.

Hope apple could open more information on this issue.

Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics