Slip edits ?

Posted by t duncan 
Slip edits ?
October 13, 2004 11:45PM
Is there a more effecient way to slip edit in Motion? I found that <option> makes a slip tool. But I have a five minute clip and slipping through the whole thing to get to the end is a pain.

thanks,
td
Re: Slip edits ?
October 14, 2004 12:59PM
I'm not sure but what I think your are asking, is how to get to a particular part of a long clip quick without having to scrub blindly through the whole thing using the slip tool?

If this is right, you will probably laugh.

Example: Drop said long video clip on canvas or in the layers area as you normally would, play the clip in the canvas until you get to the approximate part you wish to be showing, now just move your mouse over the front of that clip in the time line until you get the trim tool to show, and drag the clip to the point where your left the play indicator or until your satisfied. You can do that for the front and back of the clip until it is a manageable size. Now you can slip it with ease. Hope this helped.

-rach
October 15, 2004 11:18AM
If I understood you correctly, that doesnt work if you have a 10 sec sequence and a five minute clip. Once a clip extends past the timeline, you cannot get to the end of it to trim.

It would require trim 10 sec... slide over, trim 10 sec... slide over, trim 10 sec... slide over, trim 10 sec... slide over, trim 10 sec... slide over, trim 10 sec... slide over.

Which is worse that slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec, slip 10 sec,

Am I missing something?

thanks,
td
October 15, 2004 12:12PM
They make it slightly dificult as far as triming the end when it runs longer then that of your timeline. What I mean is... Easy if you know the point is within the first 300 frames or what ever size your time line is. In this case just highlight the video clip, click on the properties tab, and then adjust the duration to match your time line. This will trim the end to match your project.

If you do not want to trim that much off, then you will need to adjust the duration of your time line. I think the easy way is to deselect everything by clicking in empty area, then just grab the slider on the canvas and drag right until it matches the duration of your clip. Now you can scrub through and find the point in which you want to trim to.... Once you have done these pratices you will start to notice how the interface works... so try it a few times and you will come up with your own methods, there is a few ways to do all of this. I use the properties windows a lot and just type in durations, ins, outs, and so on.

-rach
October 15, 2004 02:37PM
Thanks Rach.

t
October 15, 2004 02:39PM
Try this.

Move your playhead to where you want the clip to begin.

Option Command I

Move the playhead to where you want it to end.

Command Option O

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics