How to do new behaviors ?

Posted by Chris Scherer 
How to do new behaviors ?
October 21, 2004 12:08PM
Hello. I was pretty fascinated when I heard of Motion: Behaviors, Realtime, XML...Sounded like a nice new sandbox.

However, I really think it sucks after a certain point. Anything I try to do sooner or later has me weeping for some sort of expressions, at least to just feed variables from one parameter into another.

As there seem to be some extremely capable guys on this forum, maybe somebody could hint me on where to find the code of the behaviors and/or a guideline to code new ones ??? I don´t mean the XML-thingies it creates when saving Behavior-Presets...

Cheers, Chris.
Re: How to do new behaviors ?
October 21, 2004 01:43PM
Which type of Behavior is not provided, in your view?
October 21, 2004 03:17PM
Expontential scaling. It's really a pain to create smooth continuous motion scaling to emulate a zoom. It can be done, but it's even more difficult as the scaling axses can't be locked when using bezier controls.

All the best,

Tom
October 21, 2004 07:52PM
Audio Dectection
The position of graphic elements are based on the sound level of different audio band.

Have a nice day.
Antonio Hui

October 22, 2004 12:04AM
Well, what about a parameter-behavior that would allow you to read a parameter from any element in the scene and apply it to any other parameter in the scene ???

Guess you wanted to do, say a tank from a bird´s eye POV, the track-marks realized as particles, the emitter a child to an "aligned to motion path" tank. Normally, the particles would inherit the rotation of the tank, so would flip all the way down when the tank turns. With such a parameter-rerouting behavior you could break that heritage chain and make dependent animation.

You could also do it to create a combined "custom parameter" set wich controls all the objects in the scene, not just the one applied to.

Currently, the only way to "read" is to inherit a value through hierarchy, to "write" is to have parameters set through behaviors or keys.

BTW: If any Apple-Coders read this, why not introduce a color-code for what behaviors do ??? Wich count incrementally, wich multiply values, wich are applicable to what object type...I´m still mapping this so I won´t run into problems...
I'm still trying to get this information from Apple. I have a lot of programming experience in procedural 3d animation which I'd like to re-use..

Graeme
November 02, 2004 01:29PM
Hi Graeme,

My request.

"Z space" please, we need Z Space.

Thanks,

--ken
Kem, please bug anyone you know at Apple to send me an SDK and I'll try my best.

Graeme
November 02, 2004 02:33PM
Hi Graeme,

I don't know anyone at Apple to bug, so I'll send a note to Steve. (g)

--ken
December 02, 2004 06:46AM
Do you know an image stibilizer (behavior or filter) using in Motion.
I can't find it.
Mauro.
December 02, 2004 12:25PM
Hi Mauro,

I have not seen anything like a stablization behavior in Motion.

--ken
chris.scherer
December 03, 2004 02:46AM
Of course not: Behaviors affect objects. Filters affect the pixel-content of a layer.

Stabilisation and Tracking is a mix of both, thus requires a quite different architecture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics