Audio not exported

Posted by Jamie Kelley 
Audio not exported
November 09, 2004 08:15PM
I've got a suspicion that this might be super dumb, but my Motion projects are not transferring the Motion audio tracks when I bring them into FCP.

I've looked in the Motion and FCP settings and preferences and have not found the right tweak.

I'm transferring Motion using the icon in the menu and tab apple to FCP and putting it directly in the timeline. Only the video track gets the .motn file, no audio.

Be gentle please...no flaming about how stupid this is...thanks
Re: Audio not exported
November 10, 2004 12:49PM
Hi Jamie,

I am getting the exact same behavior on two different FCP/Motion systems.

If you export to Motion from the FCP TL and you have audio that is linked to video, then the audio will go out to Motion and then back in to FCP. If you add additional audio while in Motion, that new audio will not come back into FCP.

If you add linked audio and video in a new Motion project and then bring that project into FCP the audio will not come across.

This does work properly when you bring a Motion project into DVD SP from Motion, even if you add unlinked audio in Motion, it too will come across to SP.

--ken
November 10, 2004 05:12PM
Hi Jamie,

As Ken explains, no audio will come back from Motion to FCP. The original audio trracks never leave FCP they are just coppied over to Motion for reference purposes. However they will be copied along with the additional audio tracks to DVDSP3 if you are going in that direction.

When you save from Motion & go into FCP the program exports the Motion comp. The assumption is that you will want to build your soundtrack in FCP & Sountrack which provide more features in this respect.

Dave
November 17, 2004 05:09PM
We're having the opposite problem with Motion. We're trying to bring in a serious of photos from an FCP sequence, along with it's corresponding audio tracks (music to sync picture moves to.) When motion opens up, some of the audio tracks are mysteriously missing. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics