Motion install problems

Posted by Chip 
Motion install problems
January 15, 2005 11:24AM
I purchased Motion and have not been able to install it because of the hardware requirements. I feel I've done everything required for the installation, but the program will still not load. Here's the details:

Apple requires A Mac PowerPC G4 or G5 and a 4x AGP graphics card - I installed a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Editon video card

Apple requires 867 Mhz or faster processor - I have an older G4 with a Sonnet 1.25 Ghz processor

Appler requires 512 mb of ram - I have 960mb

Apple requires a display with 1024x768 resolution or higher - I run a Cinema display

So...I've done all of this. What more do I need to do? I'd love to use the software I've spent 300 bucks on!

Any help is apprciated!
Re: Motion install problems
January 15, 2005 06:40PM
I can't be sure - BUT - I believe the installer reads your machine ID as the original speed as shipped by Apple and refuses to install it.

My 2002 Quicksilver dual 1.0 GHz MAC with the required Radeon 9800 Mac Edition card and MacOS 10.3.5 - 6 or 7.

Are you running at least 10.3.5?
January 15, 2005 09:33PM
John,

I've heard about the installer thinking that my Mac was as I'd purchased it and not reflecting the speed that the upgraded processor reflects. The company I purchased it from sent a patch to fix this (I recall that before the patch, getting info "about this Mac" said my processor was 0 Mhz!) If this didn't work, my FCPro wouldn't be working too well! Also, to answer your question, I'm running 10.3.7.

Anyway, I got advice from someone suggeting Pacifist to allow my Mac to install the software...and it worked! Motion works a little klunky, but I can live with that for the moment, until I can afford to get a new Mac.

Thanks for your help!

Chip
David S.
January 18, 2005 07:42PM
Your upgraded processor is the obvious culprit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics