Should I wait for Motion 2 ???

Posted by Kevin 
Should I wait for Motion 2 ???
February 06, 2005 01:49PM
Hi All,

I have been reading the forum and various articles since Motions release. I have been waiting to buy my first Mac strickly for editing and graphics. Unfortunately everything I read seems to point to the bugginess (is that a word?) of the program ever with the most tricked out systems.

So should I wait for Motion 2 and hope it will come out this year or has the programs stabilized? Has anyone tried it will HD footage?

I would be purchasing anything more than a dual 2ghz. Will this suffice? Can I go with less?

Thanks
Sure, wait until Morion 4, if you don't want to take advantage of this amazing program.

How may peoplr take the time to post about their successes with an application? Most of those who are dealing with issues are those on G5's with an inferior video card. In Motion - the video card is EVERYTHING!

I run Motion 1.01 on a dual 1.0 GHz G4 with an ATI 9800 Pro Mac Edition AGP 4x video card and Motion is very fast and unless you load it up with 20 or more layers, it works for me.
it works great for me on my dual 1.25 G4 with a 9800 128 MB card with 2 GB of RAM
I think I only have crashed once (someone started a video chat and I had 4+ emitters running)

DAVE at Movies Rock in Toronto
Works even better on my 2G-G5, 4G Ram, NVidea 6800 graphics card.

Jamie
I agree with John, you should probably wait to version 4. By that time everyone using the program will be quite proficient using it to do motion graphic & you'll have the challenge of mastering a program that has tons of new features added to it.

If you are a quick learner it should be a piece of cake, & you will have saved yourself 3 $99 upgrades. Heck you will have virtually got the program for free.

All the best
Dave
grafixjoe
Re: Should I wait for Motion 2 ???
February 14, 2005 09:26AM
I would wait for the G7 and Motion 5. I figure by that time, rendering will be totally abolished and telepathic image manipulation will be in the Beta Stage.

...or not.

:-}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics