How 2 create Scrape effect?

Posted by chris cummings 
How 2 create Scrape effect?
February 06, 2005 08:59PM
Here's the other effect I'm trying to learn how to create...I read that AfterEffects can do it using something called "scrape", but I don't have AE, so I'm hoping Motion can do it.

Some cool examples are in this quicktime Flash piece from a design group called Clusta: [www.clusta.com]

I read an article in Computer Arts about how they took a thin slice of the image in Photoshop and stretched out the scale.

I think this would be very cool to pull off in motion graphics, but it seems pretty tricky. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
~Chris
PS - sorry, the link doesn't end up going straight to that clip...if you go under the Video/3D section of their Portfolio, it's the 5th cube in from left (with the big green eye image in the stills) :-)
Hey Chris rich again. I haven't seen what video your referring to but there is a scrape filter that does what I think you want. I've used it with of course my favorite RECORD tool to scrape an image for a DVD menu. Play around with it, it maybe what you are looking for.
Rich
Hi Rich,

That's great news, must've missed it when previewing all the effects. I have Motion on my system at home so I'll check when I get back tonight.

Thanks again for the info :-)
~Chris
Just checked it out last night, and that's definitely it...and not only that, it also allows you to bend/refract the scrape which is a nice plus.

Thanks again Rich.

~Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics