impossible to install Motion 1.0.1 on Tiger

Posted by francois 
Bummer of the week / Motion & Tiger

no way to get Motion doing anything else than boucing in the dock (beachball of death - of course)

Yes I 've done a transfer of my app from panther to Tiger (wanted to save hours -my fault) but since I deleted anything related to motion (includind .pkg s) and re-installed : no way

anybody went through this (I know I am not alone - far from it)

maybe some hidden file has to be deleted
Re: impossible to install Motion 1.0.1 on Tiger
May 29, 2005 11:14AM
I installed Motion 1 on my Tiger drive while I was waiting for FCS to come in and it worked great

ALL PRO APPS SHOULD BE INSTLLED FRESH NOT moved over

the trouble with removing everthing list at <[docs.info.apple.com]; is a new version of ProKit.framework seems to now be installed with Tiger (A newer version ships in Tiger and probably shouldn't be removed.)

it would be best to reinstall Tiger (to get the ProKit.framework back) and then install Motion fresh

you will be suprised how much faster Motion is in Tiger over Panther

there have been a couple of threads in the MAIN apple support site discussions about this

check <[discussions.info.apple.com];
and
<[discussions.info.apple.com]; for more about it

Post Edited (05-29-05 09:15)

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
thanx for the detailed answer !

it'll be useful for others
lets try to deal with the ProKit.framework
drag ProKit.framework from another Tiger partition (reinstall was NOT an option)

now it works
Installed Tiger last week and now Motion doesn't work.

I read the thread however the suggested links aren't working either.

I re-installed Motion but it still doesn't work.

Must I re-install Tiger as well? FWIW, Tiger has been a complete nightware with conflicts with Microsoft Office and several other apps. I fear re-installing Tiger is just going to give me another round of problems.

Is there an easier solution like finding a file somewhere? I searched for a Prokit file but found nothing.

Help appreciated, thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics